On 20th March, I called for a National Day of Prayer not only for the UK but for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over, two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday and asked if I would give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 27th
- Pray for our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and his ministers. I wrote to our Prime Minister this week and told him that thousands of us all over the UK and beyond will be praying for him and the leaders of our country. In the Bible, the Lord instructs us to pray for our leaders. So whatever political party you support, let’s lay that aside right now and pray for wisdom, health and strength for those making national decisions right now. Pray that each of these men and women in our Government will be kept strong and at peace as they navigate their way through this unprecedented time. Pray that they will be aware of a higher hand guiding them in all they do. Pray for an awareness of a supernatural God at work in their talks and plans. Pray that they know they are not alone and that there are many of us standing with them. Pray the same for all worldwide leaders at this time.
- Pray too for the NHS and medical staff throughout the world at this time. Thousands of wonderful surgeons, doctors, nurses, care workers and medical administrators are putting themselves on the frontline at this moment in time. This week I wrote to Sir Simon Stevens again to thank him for all he and his team are doing in this difficult time. I thanked him for the wonderful NHS staff and told him we would be praying for him and everyone involved in the NHS at this time. So, let’s pray for health, strength and wisdom for them all. Again, please pray that they are protected from this virus and that they realise that as they work a higher hand is working with them to see this virus end.
- I heard today as I was writing these prayer points that Prince Charles has the Coronavirus. Do pray for him and for the many people in our world who either have the virus or are concerned that they may get the virus. Pray for healing for them all and pray too for supernatural visitations in ICU and that throughout this crisis, many will turn to God in prayer.
- Pray for those who are vulnerable and who have to lock themselves away for 12 weeks. Pray that in the midst of this time, they will experience kindness from neighbours, family and friends. Pray that they will be protected from the virus and that their physical and mental health would be strong.
- Continue to pray for kindness to prevail. Ask God how you can help someone else. If someone lives by themselves, call them, email them, Facetime them for a chat and find out if there is anything you can do to help our families, friends and neighbours. Speak words of encouragement and joy. Laughter is important at this time. Send them something that will make them laugh. Recommend a book, or a film that they can read/watch that is funny.
- Pray for those who are worried about finances. Shop, pubs, restaurants, hotels, gyms, businesses have all closed. The people who own these businesses will be worried. Many self-employed people will be concerned about their income suddenly stopping. Pray that somehow, they will have the provision they need.
- Pray for those who are concerned over not only their physical health but also their mental health in a time when they cannot see friends, cannot attend the gym and cannot work. Pray that as they self-isolate that their mental health will improve rather than diminish.
Above all, pray for a miracle not just for the UK but for China, Italy, France, Spain and indeed the whole world. Last week, I reminded you that when King George VI asked our nation to pray in Word War 2 – mighty miracles happened – we can see this happen again today. We know we need a miracle from Heaven. It says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that if my people who are called by my name humble and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. We need to cry out to God for our nation and for the nations of the world. We need God to heal our land. We need to see a miracle! Pray for supernatural encounters. Pray for the angels in Heaven to be released to help us at this time. Pray, fast and seek God’s face at this time and let your prayers be like bullets in God’s gun, as it were, to shoot down this virus and see a miracle right here and right now!
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Every time you wash your hands which should be often – then pray a Heal Our Nation prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of Heal our Nation and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land. Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse Lord we long for you to move in power – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Read Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 at various points through the day. Strengthen yourself in the Lord with the words from these psalms.
We will win this battle. This coronavirus has to retreat as we pray and Heaven moves. Remember your prayers are powerful – no matter how weak you think they are! Pray with faith. Pray believing. In the Bible it says that if we pray with a tiny seed of faith, we can move mountains. We will see this mountain move – so let’s encourage each other and pray!
You are awesome – thank you – NANCY GOUDIE