Much good news this week – read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
This is a week of good news. Your prayers are working. God is listening and God is acting. Change is coming! I saw a report in The Guardian entitled: British public turn to prayer as one in four tune into religious services. They went on to say that a quarter of adults in the UK have watched or are listening to a religious service since the Coronavirus crisis has begun. The Church of England has said that unexpectedly high numbers of people are tuning into online or broadcast services, and 6,000 people phoned a prayer hotline in its first 48 hours of operation. Other faiths have also reported surges in people engaging with online religious activities as places of worship have been closed during the lockdown.
The survey of more than 2,000 people, commissioned by Tear Fund and carried out last weekend, found that a third of young adults aged between 18 and 34 had watched or listened to an online or broadcast religious service, compared with one in five adults over the age of 55. One in five of those who have tuned into services in the past few weeks say they have never gone to church. This is good news!
More good news…..Praise God – The song, The UK Blessing was on Good Morning Britain Show this week…this is such good news – see below for link to the song and also information about where it came from….
Also, I have had an email letting me know that our song, Heal our Nation, is again being sung all over the world. My friend told me that the song is causing a stir among her network of friends as the lyrics are perfect for this time all over the globe. She told me that friends from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Australia and New Zealand not only recall the song, but sing it with fervor they did not experience when they first learned it all those years ago. How encouraging and how good to hear of these prayers going up through this song. Link to this song is also below.
One of my friends works in a Care Home – and she mentioned to us at ngm that they had been experiencing many deaths at the Home where she works. They had 5 deaths that week and each one was devastating. We prayed and the following week – they had none. Prayer and faith in God works.
I’ve not finished yet with the good news! In case you didn’t see my post at the end of last Friday – I received two wonderful letters, one from Prince Charles and one from The Queen. If you remember I wrote to Prince Charles telling him that you and I were praying for him specifically regarding the Coronavirus. He wrote back thanking us all for our kindness and for our prayers. I also received a reply from Windsor Castle from the Queen. She wrote to thank me for my letter and said that she had taken careful note of the view I expressed regarding the particular importance of prayer at this time. If you remember I wrote asking her to initiate a National Day of Prayer. I reminded her how her father, King George VI during the war initiated a National Day of Prayer and how that Day of Prayer produced several miracles and changed the course of the war. I know she is addressing the nation on Friday 8th May at 9pm so let’s pray that the thoughts I and others have expressed, in some small way encourages her to urge us all as a nation to pray. Keep praying!
Be encouraged! Your prayers are working and God is answering – even when we don’t see it – God is working!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 8th MAY:-
- This week the Government will address the nation to let us know how we can ease lockdown. Pray for immense wisdom for our Government. It’s not easy for any Government to steer us through this crisis – so whatever your political leanings, let’s pray for Boris Johnson and the Government at this time. This is what the Bible tells us to do. Pray for wisdom, pray for strength, pray for discernment, pray for good choices and pray that they recognise that they need God’s help to get us all through this. Our leaders are facing things that we as humanity have never faced before. So, extend compassion, kindness and grace even if you think they have got it wrong.
- Praise God for the NHS and for all the selfless people who have served during this crisis including those in Care Homes. Pray a protection on each of them. Pray they get the PPE they need. Pray that each of them will find their strength in the Lord – may many of them in their tiredness and pain turn to our great and wonderful God. Praise God that even though the number of deaths in the UK are horrendous, that the death rate is slowing down. Pray that this will continue to do so – especially in Care homes. Praise God for those who have recovered; pray many more will do so too.
- Pray for a Vaccine – I know some people don’t particularly like vaccines, including myself, but I do realise also that if we have a good and strong vaccine this can be an answer to our prayers. Let’s pray for a scientist who happens to be a Christian to have a download from the Lord re: a vaccine that will eradicate this virus. Let’s pray for God’s answer to emerge whether through a God inspired vaccine or by supernaturally removing this virus completely from the whole world.
- Pray for our world to work together rather than just serving their own nation. Pray for unity across the world as we fight this virus. There have been reports on the news about certain countries trying to steal information from scientists from other nations who are working on vaccines. Pray we will help and respect each other as we move forward.
- Pray for those who are struggling mentally or emotionally. There have been so many struggling at this time. Pray they will find true peace – the kind that only the Lord can bring. Pray that the Government will bring good and strong guidelines, but ones that bring hope and not fear. Many are desperate, but let’s pray that their desperation helps them to turn to God rather than end their own precious lives.
- So many are worried and concerned about their finances. When we listen to the news, it is easy to be overwhelmed with the problems we see, yet we know for certain that there is hope. When we pray, God acts. He owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50). He has our provision – let’s pray that Christians everywhere will believe that and will demonstrate that to those who have no faith. Let’s not display fear, but instead let’s seek God ourselves and get so full of his incredible love that we do not fear and can pass on real hope to others around us. Jesus told us clearly – do not worry! It’s a command, so let’s begin to trust. We all like trusting in ourselves, but let’s decide to trust in God – we don’t have the answers, but he does. It’s only as we realise this for ourselves, that we can pass that true and certain hope to others.
- Many around us are vulnerable. Let’s pray for those who are discovering that being confined in their own home is the most dangerous place to be. Many men, women and children are calling the helplines desperate for help. Let’s pray for their safety and that they will find a way of communicating with the authorities what is really happening behind closed doors. Pray for their lives, physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Listen to the wonderful recording from the UK churches containing many incredible worship leaders (including two who originally came from ngm) singing a blessing over the whole of the UK. This will encourage and bless you abundantly. Take this as a blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vz9iUI1AmM The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
Some more good news as mentioned above – it was shown by Lorraine Kelly on Good Morning Britain show.
Lastly – let’s not to forget to thank God for all the answers to our prayers we have seen and all those we have not yet seen. God is on the move! Remember what we are taught on an aeroplane – we are told to put our own mask on before we can help others around us. If we don’t – then we and those we are trying to help can die. Let’s remember to connect every day to the source of life. If we don’t, then we will slowly die and won’t be able to help those around us. We need to be connecting to the living Lord, seeking his face, discovering what he is saying, for his voice is the one we need to take note of much more than what is on the news around us or even what is in our messenger box. Remember Isaiah 55:11 – not one word that goes out from my mouth will return to me empty – it will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it! Keep reading the written word of God, keep tuning into his still small voice and above all, keep trusting even when you don’t understand what is going on.
Many wonderful things are happening. Keep your eyes and ears open. Do not listen to the lies from the enemy instead listen to the word of God. Let the truth and the wisdom of the word of God be what comes out of your mouth. I am praying that what comes out of my mouth is what is on the heart of God. He is sovereign. He is glorious. He is God. He is in this with us. Do not lose heart, instead let’s continue to pray and see lives transformed. Remember God is trustworthy – we can trust in Him. Keep praying and praising. He is amazing and you are too – NANCY GOUDIE