Some verses and thoughts to encourage you! Nahum 1:7 – The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. No matter what happens in our lives our nation or in our world, the fact remains that our God is good – all the time! He is goodness! He is love! That’s who he is. He is our refuge in times of trouble – Proverbs 18:10 says he is our strong tower. Woohoo – let’s do what it says and run to him and let’s remember as we hide in him that he loves it when we trust in him.
Also – Habakkuk 3:16 – 19 – I heard and my heart pounded, my lips quivered at the sound; decay crept into my bones, and my legs trembled – (Maybe some of us are feeling like this about the virus? – well let’s see what Habakkuk says) – Yet, I will wait patiently for the day of calamity to come on the nation invading us – or the virus invading us, or the illness invading us, or the disappointment invading us – whatever is invading us – let’s trust God to come and change things. He goes on to say: Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Saviour. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer and he enables me to go on to the heights. Let’s do what Habakkuk did in the day of calamity – let’s praise our amazing God – who will and is enabling us to stand on the heights and gives us each day our strength during these unusual and devastating times. Woohoo!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 9th October
- Let’s keep praying that the infection rate falls. There have been many more hospital admissions during this week. Pray that our nation turns to the living Lord Jesus – who is able to keep us during this COVID time. Pray for the death rate to fall and not to rise. Pray that those who do get COVID-19 will quickly recover and not have long term health problems. Pray against the fear of this virus. Let’s place our faith in the God of the impossible and pray for us all to experience the supernatural in these times.
- Pray in particular for the North East and for those in Scotland. New restrictions are being made in Scotland to try and protect the nation. Pray for the North East which is seeing the infection rate surge hugely. Pray for the many places in the North that are experiencing lockdown situations. Pray for South Wales too – many of the towns and cities are experiencing lockdown. Pray that these places are released quickly from the difficulties they are experiencing. Pray for those who cannot meet family or friends at this time. Pray for people’s mental and emotional health. Pray for those in care homes and hospitals who cannot see their family members.
- Thank you for continuing to pray for Boris Johnson and our government. Let’s continue to pray for wisdom and integrity within the government. Pray for strength and determination to beat this virus, but pray that our leaders will find that their strength comes from the Lord – who is ever present and is there for each of us when we call. May our leaders call on the name of the Lord. Pray for the Christians who are in key positions in our government that they will hear the wisdom that comes from Heaven and pass it on. Pray also for leaders across the world. Whatever you feel about Donald Trump, let’s thank God that he is now out of hospital. Pray for a total and complete healing for him and that the election in USA will not divide their nation. Pray for healing in our nation and in the nations of the world.
- Pray for those who are in Universities right now. There are many students who are under lockdown. Pray for them – it must be difficult being so young away from home at this time. Pray for their mental and emotional health. Pray that this situation would not cause their education to suffer. Pray that they would adhere to the lockdown rules where they are and pray that this situation will quickly be reversed. Pray that they will be able to go home for Christmas. Continue to pray for teachers and school children at this time too. Pray that this virus will not affect the schools’ education.
- Hospitals are beginning to see more patients coming in with the virus. So, let’s not stop praying for the NHS and for many who work in the caring professions. Pray for each staff member whether a surgeon or a cleaner – each one is helping to make this incredible health care system work. Pray that health care staff everywhere will be kept safe and well. Help them to be encouraged as they serve each one of their patients. Give them wisdom and strength as they face each day. Continue to pray for a safe vaccine to be found. Pray for a supernatural release of God’s healing power across the world. Our God is able!
- As you know a number of restrictions have been put on the hospitality sector. A lot of people do not like the 10pm shutdown rule. Many businesses are suffering because of this. Do pray for them and pray that there will be a way forward for them. Pray for the entertainment industry too which is suffering badly and there seems no way forward with this. Also pray for the sporting world. Many clubs are suffering because they cannot have crowds to watch their games and they have no way of funding their sport. Many businesses are still struggling and finding it so hard. Do pray that we will find a way forward and that our economy begins to prosper. Pray for individuals who are struggling financially at this time – many have lost their jobs and many more will possibly lose their jobs in the months ahead. Pray for God’s answer for them and also that they will turn to God in their need.
- Let’s not give up praying for revival for our land and for our world. The Lord’s heart is to bring good out of this horrendous pandemic. His heart is for people to come to know him. I don’t believe for a moment that God brought this virus on us, but I do believe that through this he will bring about change in our hearts and that nations will have an opportunity to turn to him. Let’s pray that the UK sees a move of God that brings a change of heart and a change of purpose. Let’s pray for that Tidal Wave of God’s Spirit that I saw in 1985 to come upon our land. Let’s get prepared for all that God wants to do in this time. Let’s open our spiritual eyes and ears. Let’s not listen to the voice of fear, but instead let’s tune our hearts into the God of all hope at this time. Let’s look for opportunities to share our faith with those who are looking for hope right now.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
As we pray for our nation today and during this week, it may encourage you to hear a new acoustic version of Heartbeat’s song Heal our Nation – sung by Trish Morgan and her friend, Liz Kaddour. Trish was in the Heartbeat with me and co-wrote the song with Ray, my husband and others in the band. She recorded it in an hour at the end of another session in the studio. Sarah Belcher introduces the video and you will also hear Anne and Gavin Calver praying for our nation. You can listen to it here: https://youtu.be/XWuVdLnh_SI
Let’s pray, let’s seek our God, let’s draw strength from the Living Lord and let’s remember to declare the words from the song, Heal our Nation: Lord we feel your Spirit coming closer, a mighty wave to break upon our land, bringing justice and forgiveness, God we cry to you revive us. Let’s raise our hands, our hearts, our voices and let’s storm the heavens for our good God to move in power and see our nation and the nations of the world turn to him as revival sweeps our land. Sending much love to you all……. NANCY GOUDIE