For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
Finding life difficult? Getting emotional and not fully understanding why? Feeling down and dismayed at our world? Is life getting to you? Lockdown has just started again in England and many are suffering in the UK because of restrictions to our everyday life, and this is happening in many nations of the world. We understand (or at least most of us do) why these restrictions have to be put in place, but it doesn’t stop it from being tough. Let’s not lose heart; let’s not allow world events to disturb the peace, joy and life that the Lord gives each of us. Let me give you some scripture to encourage you as you lift your gaze heavenward and see a different prospective.
1 Peter 1: 6 – Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.
Do notice that it says we are shielded by God’s power – and we are! He surrounds us – he is in us, beside us, he goes before us and behind us – he never leaves us and never forsakes us. You are shielded by his great power – put your faith in him and in the word of God.
I love what it says in The Passion Translation – v 5 – 6: Through our faith, the mighty power of God constantly guards us until our full salvation is ready to be revealed in the last time. May the thought of this cause you to jump for joy, even though lately you’ve had to put up with the grief of many trials.
We are having to put up with the grief of many trials right now in our world – yet we can choose to rejoice! Let’s lift our eyes toward Heaven and allow the thought that God is guarding and shielding us through each trial to reach our spirits so that we will jump for joy! Whatever you are going through right now – whatever is happening in your nation, decide right now to remember that he constantly guards each of us – let’s lift our eyes in the midst of trials and remember all he has done and is doing for you. These trials can be so painful – we may not understand what is going on but the thought of what God is doing for you will enable you to jump for joy right in the middle of these painful trials. Woohoo!
Let’s choose to rejoice! And from that place of joy – let’s pray!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 6th November
- Let’s pray for our world – a lot of nations are going through lockdown at this time. Pray in particular for France, Germany, Spain etc., as well as the UK. Many are expressing their horror at going into another lockdown. None of us want a lockdown, but do pray that as we comply with the rules of our nation that we will see the rates of infection begin to fall. I was hearing from news channels of hundreds of young people dancing at parties celebrating Halloween. Do pray that each one of us will be responsible and will obey the guidelines of the government. Pray for businesses all over the world who are struggling at this time. Pray that jobs will be protected. Pray particularly for the hospitality and entertainment sectors. We need God’s help and wisdom at this time. Pray for many to be generous to others around them.
- Praise God for our NHS and pray that they will not be overwhelmed with the amount of people they have to treat. We continue to pray for all staff who are working in the hospitals and also those who work in the care homes. We can see that the death rate is going up in a huge way every day. Do pray for the death rate because of COVID to come down. Pray for those who have lost loved ones at this time because of this horrific virus. Pray that they will find comfort in their mourning. Pray that the broken hearted will recognise the presence of God with them and that they will experience his kindness and goodness.
- Pray for the mental and emotional health of our nation. Pray that each person will receive peace in their heart. We know that Jesus gives each of us his peace. That’s the kind of peace that passes all understanding. Let’s pray for each other. Let’s pray that we will look heavenward and receive that kind of peace in our lives. Pray that many will discover the Prince of Peace at this time. Pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray against stress and anxiety – so many are suffering with this. Pray for yourself, your family, friends, neighbours, street, town or city. Pray particularly for those who live by themselves. Praise God that we can still have our social bubble in England. Pray particularly for those in care homes who are finding it difficult with the restrictions on seeing family.
- Let’s continue to pray for our government and the governments in the world. Pray for Boris Johnson and all MP’s. Pray for wisdom, strength and compassion. Pray for unity above all. I have been disappointed to see how many are being so critical in these days. We may all have a different opinion, but let’s remember that our world has never faced these things before. Leaders will at times get it wrong, so let’s pray for grace in our nation and in our world. Pray for peace and unity in fighting this virus. Continue to pray that MP’s will not use this time for their own agendas, but what is best for this nation. Pray that leaders all across the world will not lose hope, but that they will turn to God and receive peace and hope to see a clear way ahead into the future. Pray for supernatural dreams, pray for God’s voice to resound in Parliament. Pray that our leaders will hear the wisdom from Heaven. Pray too for the situation over in USA with the election that God will have his way and that peace will reign.
- The virus is still rising in young people – so let’s pray for our schools, colleges, universitates – pray for the lecturers/teachers as well as the students. Pray for their mental and emotional health. Pray that they will have hope, but also that they will comply with the rules from the government. Pray that each of us will be able to celebrate Christmas this year and that the young people at Universities will be able to go home. The virus is also rising in older people – aged 70 and above in particular. Do pray for older people that they will be protected against this virus but also that peace will reign in their hearts.
- Do pray for the Testing system – pray for the quick testing that is being trialled in Liverpool right now. Pray that this will be hugely successful and that the Track and Trace system throughout the country will be effective and that we can find a way of tracing people that might be infected. Continue to pray for a safe vaccine to be found – it was said again recently that the vaccine in the UK they are working on may not be good for everyone and may not have long term effect either. Pray that any vaccine will only be used if it is completely safe. Do pray for those who are working on this that they will have God’s wisdom. Our hope and our faith is not in our government or in finding a vaccine, but our faith is in our God, so let’s pray for a supernatural release of God’s healing power across our world. Pray for protection for us all.
- I believe with all my heart that this virus has not taken the Lord by surprise. I don’t believe that he has caused this virus, but he will use it to bring many more to know and love him. Pray for supernatural dreams, visions etc. Pray for a Tidal Wave of his Spirit to move across our land. Pray that God’s people will turn to him in these days and sense what he is saying and doing in this time. Pray that we will do what our God is doing and that we will say what he is saying. Let’s not spread our own opinion, but instead we will hear the voice of God and show love, encouragement and care. Let’s also spread peace, joy and life too. We are living in a difficult, weird and yet amazing time, so let’s follow our Lord and spread his voice to many around us. Be encouraged by drawing closer to him.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
A wonderful and godly man called Alex Buchanan once said that the 11th commandment was this: Thou shalt bash on! Let’s remember to bash on in prayer and not give up! Let’s raise our voices and see the change we so long for. Let’s remember the prophecy given by Smith Wigglesworth before he died when he said, “When the word and the Spirit come together, there will be the biggest move of the Holy Spirit that this nation and indeed the world has ever seen. It will mark the beginning of a revival that will eclipse anything that has been witnessed within these shores, even the Wesleyan and Welsh revivals of former years. The outpouring of God’s Spirit will flow from the UK to mainland Europe and from there will begin a missionary move to the ends of the earth.” Let’s pray for this to happen. Let’s do what Daniel did in Daniel 9 – when he understood that the prophecy said the exodus of the Israel nation would last 70 years – he prayed, he sought God, he confessed the nation’s sin as though it was his own, he put his faith in the word of God and he saw the prophetic word by Jeremiah come into being. So, let’s keep our eyes on the Lord – let’s pray the prophecy into being, let’s believe that in this dark time as we remain in his presence, as we eagerly read the word of God and move with the Holy Spirit that we will see the biggest move of God that our world has ever seen. Be encouraged everyone! God is using our prayers – simple as they may be to usher in revival. Let’s encourage as many people as possible to pray! Use this video I have made to encourage friends, family and churches to pray! Click here to see it and also to share it. Sending much love to you all……. NANCY GOUDIE
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time: do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end