For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
The other day I saw two conflicting videos about Covid-19 and the vaccines. I listened to one and I thought the doctor was sharing many amazing truths and thought there is no way I am going to take the vaccine then I listened to another doctor who gave the opposite advice and the advice given seemed so encouraging and honest that I was left not knowing which of them had the truth. As we listen to others (and don’t get me wrong it is good to listen to what doctors and scientists are saying) sometimes we just get confused and long to know what is the truth. Where is the way out of this virus? What is the truth in all the conflicting voices we hear? How do we get life back so we can see our friends and family again?
If we want to know the way, the truth and experience life in its best way; if we want to know the way out of this pandemic, then there is an important verse in the Bible – John 14:6. Jesus says in this verse: “I am the way the truth and the life.” We all need to know the truth not just about coronavirus and the vaccines, but about everything we experience in life, and Jesus said that he is the truth. Let’s not settle for lies – we all know where they come from, but instead allow the man of truth to live inside us every day. We all want to know the way out of this pandemic, but as we journey on this coronavirus road it is obvious that no one whether scientists, governments, doctors etc., really know for sure the way out of this pandemic – but we know someone who does – Jesus! He said he was the Way – “I am the way the truth and the life.”
We all want to live life again – to be able to move out of our homes and hug our friends and family – to enjoy a meal together, to laugh and sing together, to worship, and even enjoy a cup of tea together in our churches. Remember what Jesus said – “I have come to bring you life; life in its fullest and best form” (John 10:10). When are we as a nation and as a world going to realise that Jesus is the only way, he is the only truth and he gives each of us the best life ever not just here and now but in eternity? He could say confidently, “I am the way the truth and the life – no one comes to the Father, but by me!” Let’s live in this crazy world knowing and listening to the one who said, “I am the way, the truth and the life.” Let me tell you what I know to be true: Jesus is someone I can put my confidence in. When he speaks, he speaks the truth. Let’s listen to him today and always!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 5th February 2021
- The good news is that the statistics are all coming down – even the death rate has reduced slightly. Cases are dropping substantially and hospital admissions are going down too, although it is important that we continue to see this trend happening. Let’s praise God for this good news and pray that it will reduce drastically in all areas soon.
- Pray against fear – this is THE thing that affects so many of us. Fear and worry produce anxiety and pain and many thousands are not coping with their mental health. Many of us are worried and fearful about the vaccine, about the virus itself and about whether our world will ever go back to normal. Do pray against fear in yourself, your family and also in our nation at this time. We are told 365 times in the Bible that we are not to fear. Many of our children pick up fear from us – so let’s allow the peace of God to minister in our own hearts and pray for peace for our family, our neighbours and our nation.
- Pray for our government – they have never before had to make the decisions they are making. They will get some wrong as well as some right – let’s not be judgemental, but instead let’s pray for our Prime Minister, every member of Parliament and all who give wisdom to our leaders. Pray for the scientists who are instructing the government. Pray that they will have good and godly advice. Pray for wisdom for all leaders across our world.
- Pray for the hospitals – praise God that the amount of people being hospitalised from Covid is going down – pray it reduces at a good rate and that all the doctors and nurses who are serving us so well as this time, will have time to recover their energies. Pray for good health and strength for them all. Pray for those who work in Care Homes – pray for their health, strength and mental abilities.
- Pray for school children – we now know that they will not be going back to school until 8th March at least. Many children are struggling as they cannot see their friends and so many are finding it difficult to do their school work at home. Parents are finding home schooling very difficult – so do pray for them to have patience whilst at the same time pray for encouragement for them all. Particularly pray for parents who are working from home whilst trying to juggle home schooling etc. It’s not easy and it can cause tension and an increase in stress and anxiety. So, pray for peace and much joy in our homes.
- Continue to pray for our economy – this must be very worrying for our government as well as the owners of all the businesses in our nation. Pray for peace for them all. Pray that the economy will recover quicker than anyone would have guessed. Continue to pray for those who have lost their jobs. So many are out of a job – do pray that jobs will be found during this time. Pray also for finance for food and essentials for all during this time. Continue to pray for a spirit of generosity and kindness in each family in our nation. Pray and ask God for ways to be able to encourage and build hope in your friends and neighbours.
- Do pray that each of us will be a light shining in the darkness. Pray that we will have the mind of Christ as we talk with our friends and family. Pray for hearts that encourage and bless rather than ones that build fear and pain. Pray that when we get a chance to talk about our confidence in Christ that we will take these opportunities and see our family, our friends, our neighbours change because of the light that shines from us. Let’s continue to pray for a move of God in our nation and in our world like we have never seen before.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
We live in a world of fear and concern, where worry and anxiety are high. But although we live in the world, we are not of this world, so let’s show what we know we have within us – gifts of peace, joy and life, all given to each of us from Jesus. We have the Prince of Peace living within us. He is the light of the world – so let his light shine through each of us. Let’s show the difference between us and those who do not have peace, joy and life within. We have a great opportunity right now to show a different spirit to this world. So, let’s shine in the darkness and show others that there is another way to live – one of peace, joy and above all life. Sending you all loads of love at this time
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time, do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZwje7Ogkg
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end