Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
I’m wondering if through this pandemic we have forgotten a number of things. Have we forgotten how powerful our God is? The media tells us every day how powerful this virus is – and of course it is, but we have to keep in our minds that our God is ALL powerful. Have we forgotten that our financial provision comes from God? Perhaps getting your salary cut, or losing your job has caused you to think through where to get finance from and maybe we need to be reminded that our God owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:9-10). He has no needs whatsoever. We have a very generous and wealthy God. Maybe we have forgotten that our God is never fearful or filled with anxiety, but is the essence of peace and joy. Maybe we need to remind ourselves that Jesus has said to us to come to him when we are weary and burdened and he will give us rest. This is a promise and he never allows one of his promises fall to the ground! Woohoo! Have we forgotten that our God isn’t just full of love, but he is love? He loves us completely and without conditions. When we tune into him, we tune into love and acceptance. Maybe in a world full of turmoil today we have forgotten that our God is love. Maybe we need to be reminded of all these things today. It is so easy to forget how incredible our God is.
When we live in his presence and live our lives from that point, life is so different. As I said in my Breakthrough session on 25th August, if we could get a hold of the fact that God loves us – our whole lives would change. Our lives would be transformed with knowing this one thing that God loves us totally and completely. If we live from this assurance and from this fact then each of us would no longer be in worry, fear and anxiety. Today I want to remind myself and I want to remind you – that our God is powerful, our God is trustworthy, our God is generous, our God is peace and joy and our God is love. That’s who he is and he wants each of us (whether we are a Christian or not) to know and to experience each of these things. All good things come from above. Live in his beautiful presence. Submit your will to his. Know that he wants the best for you and when you are in him, the best is always yet to come. Take a hold of these truths today and let God transform you. Live in the depths of his presence today and every day! Enjoy praying today and every day with these truths as your foundation.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 4th September:
- Praise God that the majority of children were able to get back to school this week in England. Pray for the safety and protection and peace for them all as they return. Pray too for protection for all the teachers and staff in schools as well as many are anxious about returning. Do pray for those children who due to complex health needs, are not able to return to school. Pray for peace for them and that they would find creative ways to still be able to connect with others. Pray a protection on their mental health as well.
- Praise God that the death rate continues to fall – at the time of writing the previous day had just 3 deaths from Covid-19. Let’s continue to pray for no deaths whatsoever from this virus. Pray too for those still in hospital – it’s reported there’s another 60 still on ventilators and around 700 still in hospital – lets pray for a decrease in this and that we see these numbers come right down. In the last two days the infection rate has seen a slight decrease which is great – let’s pray this continues and we see the infection rate come right down. Pray for the infection rate to drop in all the nations of the world.
- Pray for the areas that are still in local lockdown such as Glasgow and some of Greater Manchester and other places. Pray for wisdom for people in these areas to abide by the rules – there has been a lot of mass gatherings over the last few days so pray people see sense and this comes to an end. Pray the infection rates in these areas to decrease and that these lockdowns would not need to last long.
- We continue to do as the Bible asks and pray for our leaders. Pray for Boris Johnson and all those in our government. Pray for unity, for wisdom, for compassion and for integrity. Pray for our leaders to be surrounded by wise and Godly people who can help them in the decisions they need to make. Pray too for leaders around the world that they will have wisdom in their decisions and integrity. Pray for unity between countries to fight the virus and that we will help one another.
- Thank God for our incredible NHS. We are so fortunate in this country to have free healthcare for all. Pray for everyone who works for the NHS from cleaners to surgeons, that God would strengthen and encourage them. Pray for God’s protection on them too. Pray too for wisdom for doctors and consultants as they treat patients that they would find the right medicines and new and innovative ways to fight this disease. Pray too for a safe vaccine to be found.
- The eat out scheme was a great help to the economy in August but we are still reading stories now of massive job cuts and also companies not wanting to renew office leases etc. which is all having a big effect on our economy. Pray for God to bring stability in the economy, for wisdom for government and business leaders and that what would come out of this, would be an even stronger economic position than we were in before the virus. Pray too for those thousands that are unemployed. Pray for God’s provision for them in jobs and in finance as well. Pray that God would protect their mental health.
- Pray for yourself and for your family. Pray that every day we will remind ourselves of the truth of who our God is. Let’s increase our trust in him. He is faithful and he will help us in every way. Pray for increased compassion for those around you, and increased passion for Jesus. Pray for God to use you in your area during this time. Most importantly pray for revival to break out – revival within ourselves and our churches, as it always starts with us, that then spills out into the rest of the world.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day.I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our
Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God.Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent weeks. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
I will send you an encouraging portion of scripture to bless you next week, and will slightly update the prayer points, but do remember we are using these prayer points for two weeks. There will be another full prayer points in two weeks’ time. Let me leave you today with the following scriptures: Isaiah 26: 3-4 – You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal. Woohoo! Trust in him today and every day. He is by your side and he will never leave you. Let’s experience the perfect peace from above as we trust in him. With love to you all – NANCY GOUDIE