For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
Did you know that the average person has between 12,000 – 60,000 thoughts per day according to scientific studies. They reckon we all have around 3000 thoughts per hour and around 50 per minute. That’s a lot of thoughts!! Did you also know that around 80% of those thoughts are negative? I said to the Lord this week, that I wanted my thoughts to reflect his thoughts. I want to think his thoughts. I want the thoughts going around in my head to be the thoughts that he thinks about me, my health, my finances, my family, my friends, my neighbours, my work, my town, my nation, my world. The Lord said in Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” I cried to the Lord – Lord I want my thoughts to be your thoughts; I don’t want negative thoughts going around my brain. Do you?
We hear so many thoughts and words from various leaders and others across the world about this pandemic and about what we need to do to get out of the problems we find ourselves in right now. Everyone seems to have a different opinion! Sometimes it can be very confusing! I don’t know about you, but I want to fill my mind with God’s thoughts on this pandemic and not my own thoughts or the thoughts of others. We should always ask the Lord what he is thinking/saying. Not just about coronavirus, but also about every thought we have about our future, our health, our finances etc. Let’s cry out for God’s thoughts to fill our mind. The good news is that unlike us – none of his thoughts are negative! Woohoo!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 4th December 2020
- The good news is that the R rate continues to fall. It is now around 0.9 – 1.0. Also, the cases of people getting the virus has continued to fall as well as the people being admitted to hospital too. However, the deaths are still going up – so do keep praying. We want the death rate to fall in every area of the UK. Pray that this virus retreats and that the strain gets weaker too.
- Let’s pray for our leaders – for our Royal Family, for our Prime Minister and for our government. Pray for wisdom for them to make right choices. Pray for all MP’s that they will all have wisdom in these hard days. The government have hard decisions to make each day not only with the pandemic, but with other issues affecting our nation. Wisdom, truth and integrity are three things which we want to pray for each of them, but especially pray for them to turn to God. Pray the same for world leaders too.
- Continue to pray for a good, honourable and safe vaccine. I have just heard that one vaccine has been approved for the UK and it should be administered next week for priority groups. Pray that no one will be put at risk by taking this vaccine. Pray that every test will be applied and only if it is safe then given to the general public. Pray too for the many fears that are around about taking this or any vaccine. Pray for God’s wisdom and discernment with this vaccine.
- Let’s continue to thank God for our NHS and that they are able to cope with the people who are being admitted to hospital at this time. Pray that less and less people are referred to hospital. Pray for all staff that they will continue to have wisdom and a caring heart. Pray for health and strength for them. Pray that they don’t get overwhelmed by the job they do. Pray for those working in care homes too.
- Pray for those who struggle every day with their mental emotional and physical health. Pray that they will know the peace that passes all understanding. Pray for those who are younger – children and those in their teens and twenties – the news is telling us that many are suffering with their mental health. Continue to pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray too for those who live by themselves and for those in care homes who are lonely.
- Most businesses are able to open from this week, but there are others who cannot open and are suffering terribly. Do pray for them. Pray that they will have hope in the middle of all the challenges they are experiencing. Continue to pray for those who have lost their jobs, pray that they will find secure work soon. Let’s pray and speak against fear as it definitely does affect our physical and mental health.
- Let’s think God’s thoughts – let’s pray his will into being in our nation and in our world. Pray for a great move of God in these days. Pray for revival. Pray for a turning in our nation and in our world toward God. Let’s pray for the blindfold to be removed from people’s hearts and lives. Pray that in their fear they would turn to the living God. Ask God to change our hearts and our minds so that every day we think his thoughts and say his words. Let’s be ready for whatever God has ahead for each of us.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
I reckon if we all decided to capture our negative thoughts and make them obedient to his thoughts – then not only would we be happier, kinder, more generous and loving, but we would also be filled with joy, laughter and find our inner world filled with peace. Let’s ask God to help each of us to fill our thoughts with his thoughts today and always, then our world will be a much better place. Sending much love to you all…. NANCY GOUDIE
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time, do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end