For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
It’s been tough to hear of dear friends of mine struggle with COVID-19 over the last few days/weeks. Even in my own family I had to take my daughter in law to get a test as she had all the COVID symptoms, but praise God it came back negative. We were praising God that she didn’t have Coronavirus, but instead had a bad flu, but some of my friends who live in Manchester area have had a positive test and are struggling with the virus. I have also got friends who are struggling with other health issues at this time, including cancer. There are so many needing prayer and it’s easy to get overwhelmed with it all. But God isn’t overwhelmed. He sees and he cares for them all. He has time for each person and he walks through each situation and each health problem with them. He doesn’t leave when things get tough but he stays and helps us in our weakness. Oh, how wonderful to know this truth! So dear friends – let’s not get weary in our praying. Let’s not get overwhelmed by fear – oh how the enemy wishes us to concentrate on the illness – whether it’s cancer or this virus. Instead let’s keep our eyes on Jesus. Let’s practice his presence daily, minute by minute and moment by moment. Let’s keep listening for his voice – let’s see what heaven is doing and let’s continue to release the presence of our Almighty God wherever we go. Let’s pray like never before. Let’s pray for healing, pray for his presence and pray for revival… God is on the move and we need to be moving with him. We have much to be thankful for, so let’s raise our voices in worship and in prayer. (If you are feeling discouraged or in desperate need, then read my last paragraph before praying and remember to look up!)
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 30th October
- As we pray do remember that God hears every prayer – even the weakest of prayers. Let’s cry out to God for the infection rate to come down. There is a lot of doom and gloom regarding the future and the media is saying that the whole of England will be on lockdown before long, however things can change as we pray. Remember the God who created the Universe is for us and with us. At the time of writing the infection rate is somewhere between 1.2 – 1.4 – let’s continue to pray for this rate to fall. The death rate continues to be on the increase so let’s raise our voices and pray knowing that even the weakest prayer can change our circumstances. In your prayers do pray that those who do get COVID-19 will recover quickly with no long-term health problems. Pray particularly against the fear of this virus and pray for our nation and the nations of the world to experience our supernatural God.
- There is a lot of confusion over the rules for lockdown and what each level means. In the four countries that make up our nation there are different rules in place and this can cause confusion. Do pray that what comes from the government officials in each area will be clear and plain. Pray for those in the toughest lockdowns. Pray that each person will respond well to the guidelines given. Pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray for strength to comply with the rules. Pray for peace for those who are suffering badly. Pray for people’s mental and emotional health. Pray against stress – so many are suffering with this. Pray peace on yourself, on your family, friends, neighbours, street, town or city. Pray particularly for those in care homes – or those who live on their own. We were created to be social beings with friendship being important to us all. Pray for those who are vulnerable at this time.
- We continue to pray for our government and in particular our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson. Let’s continue to pray for wisdom, strength, compassion and grace for Boris and all those who make decisions in our land. Pray for each MP whatever party they represent. Pray for peace and unity in fighting this virus. Pray that the MP’s will not use this time for their own agendas, but what is best for this nation. Pray for our leaders that they will not lose hope, but that they will see a clear way ahead into the future. Pray for supernatural dreams, pray for God’s voice to resound in Parliament. Pray that our leaders will hear the wisdom from Heaven. Continue to pray for leaders across our world. As I have said before – never before has the whole world been fighting a common enemy. Pray for our leaders and pray that they turn to God in prayer. It was wonderful to see that God was highlighted again in the USA and that a time of prayer was initiated with Billy Graham’s daughter being one of the speakers who spoke and prayed. Pray for the election in the USA and for peace to reign in their land. Pray for healing in the USA even after the election is over. Pray for all world leaders at this time.
- Let’s continue to pray for our universities, colleges and schools. Pray that these young people will be protected against this virus. Pray for lecturers and teachers that they will know God’s grace and protection at this time. There has been much debate about the government not extending the money needed so that no young person goes hungry this half term. Praise God for those who have risen to make sure food is being provided for the vulnerable. Pray that no child will suffer during this time. Pray that the help will be offered to each needy child. Pray for parents who go without so that their child can eat. Pray for each family in need. Pray for their mental and emotional health. Pray for education providers in our land. Pray that no young person will suffer academically too because of this virus.
- Hospitals are continuing on high alert as they are seeing more patients coming in suffering from the effects of COVID-19, however hospitals are seeing much less deaths than before at this time. We praise God for our NHS and for the staff who work there. Pray for each one. Also pray for those who work in Care Homes. The death rate in the care homes because of COVID seems to be on the increase, so do pray for this. Pray for those who are in mourning at losing loved ones to this virus. May they feel the Lord’s arms around them. Remember that God is close to the broken-hearted. Pray for those who work in care homes too – their love and care for each person is amazing. Pray for health, strength and wisdom for each one. Pray for each health care worker no matter where they work – pray that they feel encouraged and valued as they serve their patients. Continue to pray for a safe vaccine to be found – it was announced recently that the vaccine in the UK they are working on may not be good for everyone and may not have long term effect either. Do pray for those who are working on this that they will have God’s wisdom. Above all, pray for a supernatural release of God’s healing power across our world. We believe in a God of power and strength who loves us and sent Jesus to die for us. Pray for many to be supernaturally healed but also pray for people to be healed through the doctors and nurses. Pray for protection for us all.
- Pray for businesses everywhere. So many are going under at this time. Pray a protection and a wisdom for each owner. Pray too for hope. Pray for the hospitality section. Pray for the sporting world. Pray for the entertainment industry. Each of these have been hugely affected through this time. Pray for all businesses in the UK and abroad. Pray for individuals who have lost their jobs. It’s so hard for them all. Do pray for a way forward for them. Praise God for the help that the government have put in place, but pray in their need they will turn to the living God who has no restrictions on his provision. Pray for charities too – and for ministries who depend on donations. Many are losing donations at this time, do pray for each of us who are seeing donations stop. Pray that each charity and ministry will turn to God in their need.
- More than ever let’s pray for a move of God like never before. Let me remind you – this virus has not taken God by surprise. He is with us and for us ALWAYS! He never leaves us – he never forsakes us! His strength is huge and his provision never restricted. Let’s remember who our God is. Let’s keep our eyes on him. Let’s pray for a huge move of his Spirit on our land and in our world. Pray for that Tidal Wave of His Spirit to crash onto the UK and spread out to other nations as well. Pray for revival in our own hearts; ask God to change us to be more like Him. Let’s pray for people to come to know him during this time. I do not believe the Lord caused this virus but as we pray he will bring many to know him. Let’s remember that fear never comes from the Lord – fear is from the enemy. So, let’s keep our eyes and ears open to what the Lord is saying and doing. Let’s fill our world with love, joy and peace. Let’s look for opportunities to share our love and faith with those around us who need to hear and receive it right now. We have an opportunity in this time to work with God to see a move of God like never before. Let’s do it!
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who are in desperate need – let me remind you what David says in Psalm 142. He says, I cry to you O Lord. I say “You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living” Listen to my cry for I am in desperate need. Rescue me from those who pursue me for they are too strong for me (this could be the virus, the cancer, ill health, poverty etc). Set me free from my prison, that I may praise your name. He goes on to say in Psalm 143 – The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground, he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead, so my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed… in verse 8 and 9 he also says – Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go for to you I lift up my soul. Rescue me from my enemies O Lord for I hide myself in you. The Lord will rescue you from all who seek to harm you. He will bring the morning light into the deep darkness we are facing – be encouraged look up and see the glory of the Lord is coming. As it says in Isaiah 60: See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples BUT the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. You can and will make a difference in this world – so look up – see the glory of the Lord appearing over you. Do not be dismayed, instead see with your spiritual eyes what God is doing in these days. Isaiah 60:3 says Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn – so rise up and shine – be ready and prepared for what God is already doing. This pandemic did not take him by surprise so let’s keep close to him like David did in these psalms. Arise and shine for your light has come! Look up!
Sending much love to you all…
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time: do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end