Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
I want to remind you today that if you have become a follower of Jesus then you are a new creation and Christ lives in you. We so often forget that. We forget that we can never be alone for Christ lives inside each of us. Galatians 2: 20 says that I no longer live, but that Christ lives in me. Woohoo! What a truth. Remember when you feel you need life you have the author of life living inside of you. Remember when you feel you need peace you have the Prince of Peace living inside of you! Don’t forget when you feel you need strength you have the Mighty God living inside of you. Don’t forget when you need counselling that you have the Wonderful Counselor living within you. Wow! We so need to be reminded of this truth. If we get a hold of this truth then life will become so different.
Those who know me will know that a number of years ago I felt I had failed at teaching my son how to do his homework, because before he went to school one morning, I shouted in frustration at him. I was appalled at myself. I immediately said sorry to my son and before I dropped him at his school, I prayed with him. He seemed fine, but I was miserable. I couldn’t believe what I had done. As I drove home, I spoke out loud to the Lord and told him what an awful mother I was. In the middle of my rant to the Lord he interrupted me and told me I was Superwoman! If I hadn’t been so miserable, I would have laughed out loud. Instead I told the Lord in no uncertain terms that I definitely wasn’t Superwoman. He insisted I was and told me the reason why. He told me I was Superwoman because I had the Holy Spirit living inside of me. He told me to shout in the car that I was Superwoman. At first I told him I couldn’t do that, but he kept insisting that I did. When I did, I only barely spoke it, but the Lord kept insisting that I should shout it out loud. As I had always said I would do what the Lord tells me to do, I eventually shouted it out loud at the top of my voice and then burst out laughing. Suddenly all my feelings of failure disappeared as joy exploded within me. The truth is we are all incredible human beings because we have the Holy Spirit living inside of us. If you have given your life to the Lord then the living God lives inside of you. So today before you begin to pray, dwell on this truth and remember who you are! If you don’t know the Lord, then today is a good day to invite him to come into your life. All you need to do is to pray and give him control of your life. If you need help to do this, then message me or email me and I would love to help you discover the only true God who gives you life to the full.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 24th July:-
- Let’s start with praying for our government. They have had to make some really tough and difficult decisions. Whatever your political status, God calls us to pray for our leaders, so let’s pray for wisdom for them. They have released a vast amount of money into different areas of our society – both into people and into the economy. They have released even more money into the NHS in preparation for any future spike with the virus. They have done more than any other government across the world has done and yet they still get criticism that they haven’t done enough. Let’s pray that they don’t get weary, but that they will keep their eye on the goal and see our nation prosper and succeed. Pray they will find strength in God and that they will know the Lord intimately for themselves. Pray for the Prime Minister and all MP’s whether in government or in the opposition. Pray for aids and advisors that each one would discover wisdom from Heaven. Let’s thank God for the government we have in this country! Let’s pray for them with Heaven’s wisdom as God has told us to do.
- Thank God that the number of deaths continue to fall. This week has seen the lowest amount of deaths since this virus started. Praise God that we seem to be making progress in controlling this virus. Pray that the infection rate falls too. We want to get to the place where there are no deaths in the whole of the UK from this virus and that no one is getting infected either. Pray that as we get more confident to go out as a nation, that we will continue to have wisdom and keep to the guidelines so we don’t spread the virus.
- Let’s continue to pray for good reporting from the media. I was shocked again at how the media try and manipulate the public to get a good story at the same time sacrificing truth. Princess Beatrice’s wedding was a good example. Some aspects of the media put out a headline that suggested that Prince Andrew was nowhere to be seen at his daughter’s wedding – which gave the impression that he was not there at all. He was there and in fact walked his daughter down the aisle. So let’s pray against media manipulation and pray for integrity and truth to be shown in the media. Many get disturbed by bad reporting so this is important that the media get it right.
- We continue to praise God for our NHS and for all caring professions all over the world. Pray for surgeons, doctors, nurses, care workers, dentists, assistants, cleaners, receptionists and everyone putting themselves at risk so that we can get the help and treatment we need. Praise God for the above inflation pay rises that many of these workers are to receive. Pray for all those working to help on the frontline against this virus. Praise God that treatments and scans for other illnesses are beginning to be done – do pray that every person will get the treatment they need quickly. Most of all pray for healing and wholeness for every person and pray that many will find their hope and faith renewed in the Lord at this time.
- Continue to pray for the economy in the UK and also across the world. Pray for businesses to open safely and for many who are teetering on the brink of closure to be saved. Pray for people to turn to God and ask for his help with their business. Thank God for the government and all they have done to help our economy at this time. Pray that businesses all over the world will find that through generosity and kindness that their business will grow supernaturally. Do pray for those who have lost their jobs, pray for provision for every one of them. May their lack of a job and finance mean that they will turn to God in prayer. Pray for supernatural provision. Also pray for those who work in supermarkets and shops as they are at high risk for the virus – pray for their safety and that their employers will put their safety and the safety of their customers high on their agenda.
- Let’s continue to pray for those with mental health concerns. Many are finding life tough, even those who don’t normally struggle with mental health problems are discovering this time difficult. Pray for peace – not just any peace but for Jesus’ peace (John 14:27) – the kind that passes all understanding! Pray too for joy and again pray for Jesus’ joy (John 15:11) – the kind of joy that took Jesus through a barbaric death on a cross. Pray that each person would discover hope in our Lord and find their heart being encouraged and their mental health problems healed.
- Above all let’s pray for revival. Pray for revival for our nation and for the world. Pray for a supernatural move of God throughout our nation and throughout our world. Pray that there will be a great awakening in the nation and that we, as the church, would stop bickering with one another and instead start to be kind and to pray for each other. May every church think of how they can reach out to those who are struggling in our nation – we have such an opportunity right now to show kindness and to see many won for Jesus. Let’s pray like never before. The Bible tells us to pray continually (1st Thessalonians 5:17) – so cultivate an intimate relationship with the Lord so you find yourself praying and chatting with him at all times throughout the day. Don’t limit your prayers to one particular time of day. Pray, listen to what he is saying and follow his instructions. Let a cry come from the depths of your being; may a longing for revival be stirred up within you. Join me as I cry out to the Lord many times a day saying, “Lord, bring revival and start with me!”
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent weeks. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
Whatever you are going through, remember God lives inside of you. He is not far away, instead he is inside you – he could not be closer! Proverbs 18:24 tells us that he sticks closer than a brother and indeed he does. Four years ago on 25th July I lost my best friend, my husband of 43 years, when he died at the age of 65. As you can imagine it was the worst time of my life. Yet God was incredible to me. At one point I felt the Lord walk into my bedroom and engulf me in a hug. Actually, it was more than a hug I felt him become one with me. I can’t fully explain it. He gave me a gift of peace and what I described as a bubble of joy – all in the midst of mourning. I was heartbroken but I discovered that it is true what Psalm 34:18 says that God is close to the broken-hearted. He was and is inside of me and because of that I have a peace that passes all understanding and a joy like never before. Today whatever you are going through – know this: God loves you. He is with you. He never leaves you. He lives inside of you. That is the truth and knowing that truth will set you free. Discover today as you accept this truth that God is closer than any other human being can be with you. Woohoo! What a Saviour! Then let the world around you know how they too can be free when they have Jesus living inside of them. With love to you all – NANCY GOUDIE