Exciting news to share with you this week! God is moving in supernatural ways!
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
I have so much to share with you this week. God is answering our prayers – He is moving in supernatural ways and is revealing himself to people who never go to church. We heard a couple of weeks ago that a quarter of all adults in the UK have watched or are listening to a religious service since the Coronavirus crisis began and that many of these people have never gone to church.
I heard from a lady this week that I have known for many years but have never met. I only know her because she contacted me many years ago on the internet. This lady would describe herself as someone who doesn’t go to church, is not spiritual and has fought God for years. Yet just last weekend, God supernaturally visited her in her dreams. She contacted me to tell me that in her dream she saw me in a waterfall and I was shouting to her inviting her to come into the waterfall. She had a bucket in her hand and I was telling her to bring her bucket and get into the waterfall. She came closer to see the waterfall and when she did, she saw that the waterfall was not a waterfall of water, but was a waterfall of pure gold. She said it was cascading all over me and I was so full of joy that I couldn’t contain it. When she saw it was pure gold it shocked her and she fell to her knees. The Lord spoke to her and said, “You can take a bucketload of my presence with you, but what I really want is for you to get into the waterfall. Do you see Nancy with a bucket? She replied, “No.” The Lord said, “One day you will not have to fill your bucket but one day you will be in the waterfall just like Nancy.” She woke up uncontrollably sobbing in the middle of the night!
She had never felt good enough to be accepted by God. A few hours later she fell asleep again and had another supernatural dream. In this dream, God took her back to her youth when she was at a campsite with some friends and she thought she heard angels singing. The Lord said to her, “How come you can’t trust me now the way you trusted when you were younger?” She woke up with the sound of angels singing and immediately opened her window to see if she could still hear the sound. When she contacted me telling me about these dreams, she said, “I don’t know what is going on.” I said “Dawn, you have to know that God is invading your dreams and is speaking to you. He wants you to get into the waterfall of his presence. He wants you to get to know him.”
The next night she had another dream where she again saw me in the waterfall and this time I was telling her that God loved her and was waiting to forgive her and that all she needed to do was to trust him and get into the waterfall. She said I was offering her bread. She again woke up sobbing! I had put two verses of scripture into her message box for her – John 3:16 and Romans 5:8. She told me that those two verses were exactly what I had been saying to her in her dream. When she read them, her hands became burning hot. She said she also felt something like an electrical surge going through her body every time she thought of the waterfall. She said, “I don’t know what is going on. I can’t concentrate on TV or anything other than these dreams.” I wrote back saying, “Dawn, you have to know that this is supernatural and God is speaking so clearly to you.” I gave her a prayer she could use when she was ready to give herself to the Lord. The next morning, she wrote to me again saying, “Early, just after the sun rose, in my garden when the birds are beginning to sing and chatter, I gave my heart to Jesus.”
I sent her a Passion Translation New Testament and she is loving it. She says she feels like she has had a blood transfusion. She has been made new. She is in the waterfall and is loving it. She said she feels absolute peace, better than any spa day she has ever been on and she cannot get enough of the Bible I sent her.
This is only one story of God supernaturally reaching people in these days as we pray. I’m sure there are many more. Let’s pray for a rich harvest and for his deep waterfall of pure gold to drench people with his glory and grace. We are living in exciting days – days when God is seeking those who need to know him and his saving grace. Let’s continue to pray for a great awakening – for those who don’t know God to come to know him in these days; for those who are far away to come near. As we pray, God will do more than we could ask or think.
Last week we set up an email prayer line, and immediately it was released we had people writing asking for prayer. Do share the email address and give people the opportunity of reaching out for prayer. The email address is: email@example.com Every prayer need is brought before the Lord and prayed for by our ngm team.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 22nd MAY:-
- Continue to pray for the Government – for Boris and his cabinet and the decisions they make especially about relaxing the rules. Pray that the R rate remains below 1 and that the rate doesn’t go up when schools and businesses begin to open. Continue to pray for their health, strength and for immense wisdom and that they will recognise that they need a higher hand to help them guide us all through this minefield. Remember as I have said many times, our leaders are facing things that we as humanity have never faced before. So, extend compassion, kindness and grace even if you think they have got it wrong and pray for them. Pray too for the opposition parties, that instead of criticising every decision, they would find ways to work together and promote unity in fighting this virus. Pray too for the schools/teachers who are preparing to open up again in June. Pray for the fear that many are experiencing at sending their children back to school at this time. Pray for the Government and the teachers etc., as they discuss the way forward with this. Pray for a united approach and for peace to reign.
- Pray for the NHS and for the rate of infection not to go up but indeed to come down. Pray for the death rate to come down and that we will get to the place where no one is dying from this terrible disease. Pray for those in care homes – and for those working there, that they will be kept safe and well. Pray for all nurses, doctors, consultants, care assistants and all who are selflessly giving of themselves in these days. Pray for them physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. What they have seen and had to do is difficult to deal with. Pray that all of this would lead them to the Lord. Pray for supernatural visits from God for them.
- Pray for the economy. There are so many horrific forecasts about how it is going to take years for us to recover economically from this crisis, so let’s pray a blessing on the UK and indeed the world. Pray for businesses throughout the world to prosper, especially those run with godly principles and for generous employers to succeed. Pray that as we work together, displaying kindness and integrity our world would become more Kingdom minded.
- Pray for your family, your neighbours, your friends – pray that they will be blessed physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Pray that this virus will not touch them and that their physical health will be strong. Pray and sing the UK blessing over them – you can find that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U
- Continue to pray for those who are struggling mentally or emotionally. There are many without hope but as you can see from my paragraph above, God is moving supernaturally and meeting people right where they are at….so let’s pray that the hope we have would be kindled in many people’s hearts and lives. Remember to share the NEED PRAYER? email link: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pray that we will learn from our mistakes and that our world will never go back to our original normal. Last night the news told us that there has been the greatest fall in carbon emissions ever recorded. The Earth is enjoying this rest from all that we normally throw at it. Air pollution fell rapidly during the crisis and when you see photos on the news of various cities in the world before and during the crisis, it becomes evident what we are doing to our world. People are asking if we could do things differently in the future.
- Pray for those who are vulnerable. I received an email from a lady this week requesting prayer and it was obvious that she is finding life so difficult at home. There are many people struggling in this time and many are desperate for help. Do pray that they will seek help from the eternal God and that he would give them wisdom as to how to deal with each situation they encounter and provide comfort for them during this crisis. Pray for peace and joy instead of fear and trauma.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Take this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
Please do pass on our NEED PRAYER? email address to others around you. – email@example.com We have had so many requests for prayer – what a privilege to pray for people who are hurting and need to see answers.
I hope the above story about God moving in supernatural power helps you enormously and gives you the hope and the faith to keep on praying and seeking God in this crisis. Remember our God is not in lockdown, he hears, he sees, he knows and he loves. Let’s believe him for miracles. Let’s believe him for supernatural dreams and visions. Let’s trust him for more than we have ever seen before. Remember as I said last week, the harvest is ripe – even when it doesn’t look as though it is. I remember many years ago when I told my best friend at school that I was a Christian. She told me that she was an atheist and when we got to school, she encouraged others to make fun of me. She told them, “Hey listen everyone, Nancy actually believes in God.” I could have died there and then! However, what actually happened was that I had a brilliant opportunity to share my faith with many others in my school and it ended up with me leading someone to Jesus. I invited my best friend to come to church with me, she came but whenever she didn’t agree with the preacher, she would shout out, “No. That’s not right!” I didn’t think she would ever come to know the Lord, but eventually she did. She asked to speak with my Mum and there and then gave her life to the Lord Jesus. So, let’s not look with the eyes of unbelief, instead let’s look with eyes of faith and believe God. Let’s pray for a resounding revival.
Keep praying and praising. God is awesome and you are amazing – NANCY GOUDIE