Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
Anyone who knows me knows that I love to read about a man called Smith Wigglesworth. Smith died in 1947, but his legacy lives on. He was a plumber from Bradford, UK, who had no formal education. His wife taught him to read from the Bible but he had no desire to become a preacher. His wife was a fiery preacher and he was quite happy to put out the seats in the mission and pray for people to become Christians at the end of the service. However, God had other plans. He took this uneducated, ordinary man and filled him with his Spirit. He became a preacher and as he travelled the world talking about his wonderful Saviour, he saw thousands saved, thousands healed and even saw a handful of people raised from the dead. He saw moves of God wherever he went. He was a man of faith and courage. Before he died, he delivered a prophecy which I think we need to hear now.
“During the next few decades there will be two distinct moves of the Holy Spirit across the church in Great Britain. The first move will affect every church that is open to receive it, and will be characterised by the restoration of the baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
The second move of the Holy Spirit will result in people leaving historic churches and planting new churches. In the duration of each of these moves, the people who are involved will say, ‘This is a great revival.’ But the Lord says, ‘No, neither is this the great revival but both are steps towards it.’
When the new church phase is on the wane, there will be evidence in the churches of something that has not been seen before: a coming together of those with an emphasis on the word and those with an emphasis on the Spirit.
When the word and the Spirit come together, there will be the biggest move of the Holy Spirit that the nations, and indeed, the world have ever seen. It will mark the beginning of a revival that will eclipse anything that has been witnessed within these shores, even the Wesleyan and Welsh revivals of former years.
The outpouring of God’s Spirit will flow over from the United Kingdom to mainland Europe, and from there, will begin a missionary move to the ends of the earth.” Smith Wigglesworth
We have seen the first two moves of the Spirit in the UK during the last number of decades, and I know there have been many prophecies saying that we are now in the place where the greatest move in history is about to begin. My heart cries out – Lord bring it on! In 1985 as the band Ray and I had founded called Heartbeat prayed for revival, God gave me a vision of a mighty tidal wave coming to the shores of Great Britain and then spreading out to Europe and beyond. My heart longs for this move to happen. We have seen so much in the last number of years, but we long for so much more. Let’s encourage ourselves with Smith Wigglesworth’s prophecy; let’s believe it and pray it into being. Let’s read and embrace the word of God and give the Holy Spirit control of every part of our lives. When we wrote the song, Heal Our Nation, the first recording of this song had a portion of the prophecy within it. This is what we recorded:
‘I looked and I saw a mighty tidal wave heading towards the shores of our land. As the wave broke, it quickly spread throughout the whole nation, and as I watched, God spoke. “I am sending a new wave of my Spirit, bringing healing, justice and forgiveness. The time is near and I want my people to get ready, pray and prepare themselves for what I am about to do.”’
It’s time to get ready! It’s time to get prepared! It’s time to cry out to God for revival no matter what nation you live in, we need God to move in our world like never before. Cry out with me right now: “Prepare my heart Lord, give me an insatiable hunger for your word and for your Spirit. I give you control of every part of my life. Come Lord, come!”
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 21st August:
- The number of people dying from Coronavirus in the UK continues to fall – praise God! Do continue to pray that we will soon get to the place where we have no deaths in the UK from this virus. On Monday we had 5 people die from the virus in the UK – so let’s push through in prayer to see no more deaths. Do continue to pray that the rate of infection slows down and begins to decrease. Every day we are seeing around 1000 new infections. Let’s pray for this to decrease.
- Pray for towns in the UK such as Leicester, Blackburn, Preston and Birmingham who have either been in lockdown or are possibly going to be in lockdown soon. Pray for a factory in Nottinghamshire where several of their workers have been tested positive for the virus.
- Let’s continue to pray for Boris Johnson and the government as they try and deal with many issues concerning the virus or the effects of the virus. Pray for wisdom and for kindness. Pray that they will make good and wise choices. Pray for all MP’s to work together for the good of the whole of the UK. Pray for integrity and honesty to be at the core of all they do. Pray the same for all world leaders and governments.
- We praise God for the NHS and for all the caring staff all over the world. Pray for those who are waiting for treatment for on-going illnesses. Many of them have not been able to get their treatment while the hospitals have been overrun with COVID-19 patients. Pray for those who are worried and fearful of what has happened in those months of waiting. Pray for good health for all. Pray that in this time, many will turn to God for their healing.
- Pray for all the young people who have gone through mental health situations with their A-level results. As we know the UK government have done a U-turn on this, but the problems caused will not be easy to be overcome. Pray for all teenagers who went through this in the UK and pray that they will find their placement at college or university still open to them or that a new and better pathway would open up to them. Pray also for the GCSE results coming out on Thursday (20th) this week that these results would not cause the same problems. I have also heard that those who were supposed to get their BTEC results last week didn’t get them and in fact those results have been pushed forward to this week. This too has caused tremendous stress. Pray for good mental health for everyone as many have gone through so much trauma at the hands of this virus.
- Pray for those concerned about finances – pray that they will turn to God in prayer. Pray for the churches as they try and reach out to others in their online church services. Pray that they will reach people who are struggling and trying to reach out to God at this time. Pray for Christian friends to be strong and brave and to reach out to others who may not even look as though they need a helping hand. May many of us be ready and prepared to speak a word in season.
- Pray for ourselves. Pray for revival hearts. Pray that we would use this time of incubation to seek God more and to be prepared for the new season ahead. Let’s rejoice in God’s goodness to us all. Let’s praise him for all he gives us each day. Let’s seek him like never before. Let’s pray for revival and continue to ask God to start it with you. Let’s believe for the greatest revival the world has ever seen. Let’s remember that every prayer is heard by a mighty, amazing, incredible God who loves us all (whether Christian or not) so much. John 3:16 – For God so loved the world – woohoo – let’s rejoice! God loves us and he loves our world.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent weeks. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are in a place between the old and the new. Don’t yearn for the old ways, instead realise that the Lord has better things ahead for us. Let’s get prepared. This is a time of incubation – a time of growth – a time of getting ready – a time of being prepared for all God is going to do. Don’t miss it – instead soak in God’s waterfall of grace. Soak in his love. Yearn for him more than ever. Read his word and meditate on it. The Lord once told me that even though I got the prophecy of the Tidal Wave of his Spirit coming, that I could miss out on it through not being prepared. The Lord spoke to me from the parable of the Five wise and five foolish virgins (Read: Matthew 25). Five were prepared and five weren’t. Let’s not be the ones who are not prepared for the Lord coming in great power and miss out on all God does. The best is yet to come – so let’s seek his face, enjoy his company, value his word and be ready for all that lies ahead! Enjoy praying this week. Look out for all God is doing in this time….. With love to you all – NANCY GOUDIE