Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
Whilst watching the news this week I heard a weather presenter show us a picture that had been sent in of a storm that had happened in the UK. It was showing a lightning strike and a rainbow at the same time. He said, “It was interesting how the rainbow was showing at the same time as the storm.” Immediately I felt God speak and say, “I am always with you in the storms.” it reminded me that through the many storms that we experience in life, God is always there with his promises. His promises never fail and he will never leave us in the middle of the storm. His promises are Yes and Amen! (2 Corinthians 1:20). No matter what we go through his promises and his presence remain. How we need to hear that right now right in the middle of the storm of Covid 19 and also the racism we are seeing throughout the world. God loves us all. We are all precious in his sight and his promises are available to all. Let’s stand on the promises of our great and wonderful God. Let’s lean on him knowing that the everlasting arms surround each of us (Deuteronomy 33:27). The eternal God is our refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying “Destroy him!”
Let’s trust in our mighty God to drive out Covid 19 with a word. Let’s trust him to destroy and kill this virus and heal our world. Let’s put ourselves and our families into the hands of the mighty God knowing that we are safe in his love and secure in his promises. Remember when the storm rages, the rainbow declares the promises of God.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 19th JUNE:-
- Praise God that the numbers of deaths are continuing to going down and also praise God for the medication that has been proven to reduce the death rate with those who have already got the virus. What a breakthrough this week! Praise God that this low-cost pill is available for all. Let’s continue to pray for the death rate to fall even more until there are no deaths at all in the UK and indeed in the world. Do pray despite the shops opening up that the R rate will be kept under 1. Pray too that those getting infected by the virus every day will fall also.
- Let’s continue to pray for unity for our government – there are so many conflicting voices – some from the media and some from the opposition. Let’s pray for a united fight against this Coronavirus. Continue to pray for the safety and for good health for our Prime Minister and his government. Pray that every MP will be given integrity and wisdom. Pray that each one will recognise that they need God’s help in tackling the many difficult issues they are facing each day. Boris Johnson, the government and the opposition parties all need our prayers whether they recognise it or not. Pray for national leaders all over the world. Let your heart continue to cry God soaked prayers for our land.
- Let’s continue to thank God for the NHS and for all who work in it. Let’s pray for Care homes and their staff too. Each one, as I have said before, deserves a medal. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Some have lost their lives because of their amazing dedication. Let’s pray for their families and all they have left behind. Pray that their grief doesn’t turn into bitterness. We so appreciate everyone who has served in this crisis so tirelessly. Pray that each of them will know God’s hand in helping them deal with each situation as it arises. Pray that many will find the Lord through this. Pray against the massive strain it has been on their emotional and mental health. Pray for many to come to know God and turn to him for their help and strength at this time.
- Let’s praise God that most businesses have been able to open up and some school years have been able to go back to school. Pray for the economy and for those businesses trying to recover after a long shut down. Pray also that the young people at schools feel secure and safe there and that they enjoy their last few weeks before their holidays. Let’s praise God that the government have changed their minds on the issue of school meals through the summer. This will help many families hugely. It’s so good to be able to look after those who are finding things so difficult financially through this crisis. Pray for the children still at home that God would protect their mental health and wellbeing as they have longer without being with friends and in their normal school environment. Pray also for those in the Music, Arts and Entertainment business as they have been hit so much during this crisis. Theatres and music venues have been closed and those who are normally employed in this business are finding that they don’t have any jobs at present. Do pray for them physically, mentally and ask God to provide for them financially. So many are finding life so tough at present.
- Pray for the health and for the financial situations of each individual. So many are struggling in both of these areas. Fear and worry and then lead to difficult mental problems. Let’s pray for our nation to turn to the Lord who can provide health, wholeness and finance to us all. As we know our God owns the cattle on a thousand hills and we know he doesn’t get stressed about any kind of lack. Let’s pray for people to turn to our miraculous God and ask him to provide what they need. The UK government have provided for us at this time by supplying money to the self-employed and also to businesses so that the majority of those in work can keep their jobs. This is wonderful, but our God is much more generous and can provide everything we need. Let’s pray for ourselves and also for our families, friends, neighbours and fellow citizens to recognise the wonderful blessings that only God can provide and let’s be thankful and grateful for all we receive from whatever source.
- We continue to stand and speak out against racism in any shape or form. Please pray for this to be stamped out completely across the world. Pray against all the unrest we are seeing in our world and pray for peace. Pray for our government that they will put plans in place to see racism end in this nation. Continue to pray and repent on behalf of the white community – we have so often misrepresented God’s love to our world. Pray for healing for all. Pray also for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray for those whose battles are behind closed doors – there are still many who are being abused and damaged by others during this time. Pray that what is happening will be exposed and help will be given. Pray for healing of all these hurts and pains.
- More than ever, let’s pray for revival. Pray for supernatural dreams and visions in the night. Pray that people will recognise God moving in their lives. Use the song, Heal our Nation https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation to pray for God to move in power. We have an opportunity now to pray and ask God to move in power in the UK and in our world. Let’s pray and not give up – because as it says in 2 Chronicles 15:7 – But as for you be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. We will see what we are looking and yearning for. We will see the rainbow after the storm. Let’s pray:
Lord, we long for You to move in power;
There’s a hunger deep within our hearts,
To see healing in our nation.
Send Your Spirit to revive us:
Heal our nation,
Heal our nation,
Heal our nation,
Pour out Your Spirit on this land.
Lord we hear Your Spirit, coming closer,
A mighty wave to break upon our land,
Bringing justice, and forgiveness.
God we cry to You, ‘Revive us’
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent weeks. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
Let’s continue to praise God for all he is doing during this crisis. Let’s open our spiritual eyes as Jesus encourages us to do in John 4:35 and see that the fields are ripe for harvest. Let’s get involved in what he is doing around us. Let’s not miss his kindness and his love at this time. Let’s soak ourselves in him and discover more and more his presence. We are living in an unprecedented time of grace, so let’s open our eyes and see a move of God like never before. Our God has no restrictions on him, so look and see the ways he is moving and see how you can get involved. You may not know how to get involved, but the truth is each of us can be involved by praying. You might think that you are not a prayer warrior, but the truth is as I have said many times, if you can talk, you can pray. Our prayers might be weak, but our God is strong. Join in with many thousands of others across the world as we pray for God to heal our nation and heal our world. Never let the enemy tell you that you are not effective, because you are effective! You are amazing and your prayers can move mountains. Woohoo! Let’s get praying! With love to you all – NANCY GOUDIE