For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
I can hardly believe it’s the 18th of December already – the shortest day will soon be upon us (21st December) which gives us hope that lighter days are on their way. This virus will eventually be dealt with and the darkness of this pandemic will be put behind us. But let’s not forget what we learned in the darkness that despite the terrible and horrific days, God never once left us alone. He has been with us all the way and he will continue to be with us. He is our hope!
Christmas will follow shortly after the shortest day – the day we celebrate when a tiny baby came into the world – the light of the world sent to illuminate our path and take the darkness away. People never expected God to come into the world as a helpless baby, but God wanted to identify with us and to show us how much he loves us. Jesus’ life spread God’s light to the world so that our path through life would be alive with the colours of Heaven. As we walk in his ways and in his path, he brings our journey alive with his joy and peace. The death he died bought us the opportunity for us to know him forever.
We never expected this virus to stop the whole world in its tracks and bring darkness and devastation to us all. More than ever the world needs God’s hope and God’s light. All it takes is for all of us to walk in his light by trusting him. After all, he is the way, the truth and the life. Follow him as he shows you the way by lighting your path today and every day.
Let’s remember this Christmas in the midst of the joy of seeing relatives and giving them presents, that the best present of all was given to us on Christmas day over 2000 years ago. Let’s take time to thank God for the gift of Jesus – the light of the world. Let’s praise God for the truth that this world of darkness has to bow before the light of the world.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 18th December 2020
- The week as we prepare for Christmas – let’s remember to celebrate with our families in a way that is safe. The virus hasn’t gone away, so we need to take every precaution and follow the government guidelines. The R rate is still between 07-1.00 but is growing in some areas notably in London. The death rate is much the same in the UK (in fact for the first time for weeks it has dropped) but the hospitals admissions are increasing. Do continue to pray for all the statistics to come down. Also pray that the restrictions being relaxed over Christmas does not cause the virus to extend hugely. We were also told this week that a new strain of the virus has been detected and has been seen in the South West in particular. Please do pray about this.
- Do continue to pray for our leaders – for our Royal Family, for our Prime Minister, for our government and for all MPs. Pray for wisdom for them all to make right choices. They decide this week which areas come out of Tier 3 and go down (if any) and which have to go up. London and surrounding areas have already gone up from Tier 2 to Tier 3. None of this news will be welcomed, so please do pray that the right decisions are made to protect us all. Wisdom is so important for those in power so pray that anyone who has influence will have a great measure of wisdom. Keep praying for truth and integrity too for all world leaders in these times.
- The vaccine has now been released and is being given to the elderly and to some of those in health care. Please do pray for this vaccine to have no adverse effect on those who receive it. Pray that this and any other vaccine released across the world brings protection and not further problems. Pray that no one will be put at risk by taking this vaccine. Pray too about the many fears there are about taking this vaccine – around 50% of the UK are not sure if they are going to have it. Do pray for clarity about the way ahead for each individual.
- Let’s continue to pray for the NHS particularly over Christmas – some of them will not be able to be with their families during this time. Do pray for good health and strength for them as they serve us all in this way. Do pray for those who work in care homes – that they too will be blessed and encouraged at this time. Pray for those who are waiting for treatment for other illnesses such as cancer during this time – pray that they will be able to get the treatment they need.
- Pray for those who are suffering from mental and emotional problems. This seems to be on the increase as hope dwindles in people’s hearts and minds. Pray for hope for people with little hope. We know that without hope the people perish, so please pray that hope will remain in people’s hearts and minds. Many are struggling with financial worries because they have lost their job. Pray for many to find jobs. Pray that many get to know the Lord Jesus and discover that he gives hope to all who trust in him. Pray for those who think about ending their life – so many are finding life too difficult right now. Pray that they will find the help they need. Pray for many who are lonely and longing for the time when they can see their families. Let’s ask God to open our spiritual eyes to see beyond what we can see with our natural eyes.
- Pray for businesses right now and in particular for those in the hospitality industry. Many restaurants are closed and cannot open and this is causing huge financial problems. Pray too for the entertainment world whose income has been cut drastically and many shows which were planning to re-open now can’t due to the change in Tiers causing companies thousands. Pray for businesses all over the world that they would find innovative ideas to help them survive.
- Let’s pray for revival and a move of God in our nation and in our world. We need God more now than ever before. Pray for a move of God in your own life and also in churches up and down our land. Pray for an openness in people’s hearts and lives to the message of Jesus. Pray that the church will find ways of communicating the good news to others in society that draws them in rather than alienates them even more. Pray for wisdom for us all. There are many dying who don’t know Jesus. Let’s continue to pray for salvation for those around us. Let’s win our family, friends, neighbours etc., by the love we show them. Huge ground can be taken when we reveal God’s love and kindness. Let’s open ourselves up to a move of God in us that changes us so that others see the difference in our lives.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
As each day gets darker, remember that light always penetrates the darkness and that hope never disappears even when hopelessness is all around us. To encourage your hope and to celebrate God’s son born into the world 2000 years ago – I have two videos which might encourage you to trust in our good and wonderful God. The first one shows that hope is the essential ingredient for life and the second one is our Christmas Special which reveals fun and laughter as well as the real meaning of Christmas – do share these recordings far and wide. We are praying that each one will bless and encourage people in this difficult time. Jesus truly is the light of the world – sent to shed his light in our hearts and through our lives. Let’s share these videos with those who have ears to hear and bring the depths of the colour of Heaven to a broken and dark world at this time. Click here to watch now!
I won’t be releasing these prayer points next week or the week after, but will on the Thursday – the day before Christmas and the day before New Year be posting a reminder for us all to pray. Full prayer points will resume on 8th January 2021. Have a wonderful, safe, fun filled, peaceful and beautiful Christmas filled with God’s light – Jesus! Sending much love to you all, from me, your friend –
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time, do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end