Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
I am reading right now in Jeremiah and thought I would share here what has impacted me. This is what the Lord says to you right now: Jeremiah 10:1 – 2 – Hear what the Lord says to you, O House of Israel. This is what the Lord says: Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky though the nations are terrified by them. Let’s remember not to be fearful or terrified by things that others say. Let’s not be fearful when the media tells us that this virus is not going away. Let’s not be fearful when it looks like lockdown is inevitable. Let’s not be fearful when we are in contact with the virus. Fear will keep us in chains and will even cause us to be sick – so let’s keep our eyes on the living God – the one who in verse 12 reminds us that he made the earth by his power and he founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding – wow! Let’s keep our minds on him – for he is beyond powerful – his wisdom is beyond anything we have ever known and his understanding is incredible. Let’s look to him. Let’s depend on him. Let’s find our joy in him. Let’s remember every day has been given to us as a gift. He wants us to enjoy every day no matter what we are going through. Let’s keep our eyes on him for he is the author and perfector of our faith (Hebrews 12:1). He will sort everything that concerns you. You need not worry, instead live in the peace he gives so freely. Live in the joy that is there for you despite the circumstances. I’ve heard many people say that they cannot wait for 2020 to disappear – I know what they mean, but I don’t want 2020 to disappear I want the virus to go, but I want to recognise that every day is a gift given to us and I want to live in that day in his love and beauty and enjoy all the Lord has for me. So, let’s enjoy every day no matter what challenges it brings. Let’s rejoice in him and remember he loves each of us. Live in him and remember that he lives in you too. Woohoo! Rejoice and be glad for our God is great and his wisdom is beyond the limits of this world. With this in your heart – pray in faith with confidence in him. Woohoo!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 16th October
- As we pray, remember God hears and answers. The infection rate is somewhere between 1.2 – 1.5 – let’s continue to pray for this rate to fall. Let’s push through in prayer and see the answers God brings. Pray for God’s will to happen. Pray that hospital admissions level out and then fall. The death rate is on the increase but overall compared to earlier in the year it seems to be remaining low. Let’s raise our voices and praise our living Lord knowing that his love and power is able to keep us all safe during this COVID time. Continue to pray that those who do get COVID-19 will recover quickly with no long term health problems. Pray against the fear of this virus and pray for our nation and the nations of the world to experience our supernatural God.
- As you know we are now experiencing three types of lockdown according to the region we live in. Pray for those who are in level 2 and 3 in particular. It’s not easy to live in these kinds of restrictions, yet we know how much it helps to control the virus. Pray that people will comply with the government rules and that we will be out of these restrictions soon. Pray for the many places in Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales that are suffering. Pray for people’s mental and emotional health as well as their physical health too. Pray for those in care homes and hospitals who cannot see their family members. It’s heart-breaking to hear of stories of those in their 90’s not being able to see their family and friends. Pray for those who are vulnerable at this time.
- Let’s continue to lift our government up to the Lord. Pray for Boris Johnson – he has a tough job and we are called to pray for him. Let’s honour God by praying for our leaders of our nation. Pray for wisdom and integrity. Pray for sensitivity and for grace. Pray for strength and determination to see this virus go. Pray that our leaders will have supernatural dreams and that God will reveal himself to them. May our leaders call on the name of the Lord for help. Pray for the Christians who are in key positions in our government that they will hear the wisdom that comes from Heaven and pass it on. Let’s continue to pray for leaders across our world. None of them have been this way before. Never has the whole world been fighting a common enemy. Pray for our leaders and pray that they turn to God in prayer. Pray for the election in the USA that it will not cause problems and difficulties in their nation. Pray for healing in their nation and that God’s choice will be elected.
- Let’s continue to pray for those who are in Universities right now. There are many students who are under lockdown. Pray for them – it must be difficult being so young away from home at this time. Pray for their mental and emotional health. Pray that this situation would not cause their education to suffer. Pray that they would adhere to the lockdown rules there have been a number who have continued to have parties despite the rules. Pray for wisdom for them and that this situation will quickly be reversed. Continue to pray for teachers and school children at this time too. Pray that this virus will not affect the schools’ education. Pray a protection on all young people.
- Hospitals are on high alert as they are beginning to see more patients coming in with the virus. So, let’s not stop praying for the NHS and for many who work in the caring professions. They have been such a blessing to our nation at this time. Pray for each staff member whether a surgeon or a cleaner – each one is helping to make this incredible health care system work. Pray that health care staff everywhere will be kept safe and well. Pray for each one to feel encouraged and valued as they serve their patients. Give them wisdom and strength as they face each day. Continue to pray for a safe vaccine to be found. Pray for a supernatural release of God’s healing power across the world. Many are being healed supernaturally – lets pray for this to continue, but also pray that many will be healed through the medical professions.
- As you know a number of restrictions have been put on the hospitality sector and if they are in level 2 or 3 then more restrictions are in place. Pray for businesses at this time. It’s so hard for them all. Do pray for a way forward for them. Continue to pray for the entertainment industry too which is suffering badly and there seems no way forward with this. Many of the actors and performers are trying to find new ways of continuing to provide much needed entertainment at this time. Also I would encourage you to pray for the sporting world. As I said last week many clubs are suffering because they cannot have crowds to watch their games and they have no way of funding their sport. Do pray for the economy in your nation. Pray for individuals who are struggling financially at this time – many have lost their jobs and have no way of supporting themselves. Pray for God’s answer for them and also that they will turn to God in their need. Pray also for charities as many are losing donations too at this time.
- Above all – let us keep our eyes on the Lord. He is moving in these days and we want to make sure we are following him closely at this time. None of this takes him by surprise and he will strengthen those who look to him. Let’s pray for people to come to know him. Let’s continue to pray for revival and for that Tidal Wave of his Spirit to fall on our land. I do not believe the Lord caused this virus but as we pray he will bring many to know him. His heart of love will compel many to come to him. His heart is for people to come to know him as the true and living Lord. As Christians – let’s get prepared for all that God wants to do. Let’s open our spiritual eyes and ears. Let’s not listen to the voice of fear, but instead let’s tune our hearts into the God of all hope. Let’s look for opportunities to share our faith with those who are looking for a bright hope for tomorrow. We have the joy of the Lord living inside us – let’s share that joy, peace and hope with many others in our nation at this time.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
Remember each day is a gift from God. Yes, it has its challenges, but it also has a promise of us being able to live life to the full with his gift of peace and joy in our hearts. We are not alone. He – the one who made the earth by his power and founded the world by his wisdom and stretched out the heavens by his understanding – he lives inside of us and he is working day and night to protect us from all harm. We can relax and enjoy each day despite what we are facing. Don’t miss out on God’s incredible grace for each day. Sending much love to you all……. NANCY GOUDIE