For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
As I was reading my Bible last week, I heard God speak to me through the first few verses in Ezekiel. As Ezekiel sat with the exiles beside the Kebar River in a foreign land the heavens were opened and he saw visions of God (Ezekiel 1:1). The hand of the Lord was upon Ezekiel in Babylon (v3). Ezekiel was in exile, captured by the Babylonians, he was away from the temple, away from his homeland yet there in a foreign land, the heavens were opened and visions of God were released to Ezekiel and more than that, the hand of the Almighty God was on him.
We may be away from everything we feel is normal in our land, we may be away from our friends and family. We may feel as though we have been captured by lockdown rules. We are away from our church family and church buildings, yet I want to encourage you by what happened to Ezekiel, that the Lord was with him and God’s word came upon him. The heavens were opened and Ezekiel had supernatural experiences of God. This can happen to us too. God is not restricted by the lockdown rules. His visions, his word, and his hand are not restricted. Let’s begin to expect God to speak to us. Let’s listen for his word. Let’s read our Bibles, let’s practise his presence, let’s love him more. Let’s see what he is doing right now in Heaven, and begin to pray his will into being in our lives, in our family’s lives, in our nation and in our world.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 13th November
- The big news this week has been the possibility of a vaccine. This will be given to older people in their 80’s first as they are the most vulnerable and also health care workers probably around December time. According to what I heard from a scientist from Oxford this vaccine is different to the vaccines we have used in the past i.e. a small amount of the virus being injected into our bodies and then our body processes this. This vaccine uses our DNA to produce the anti-bodies we need. Please do pray that they will not cut corners on the safety of this vaccine and will only proceed if safe. Do also pray that those in lockdown will still comply with the rules because even if this vaccine is safe and proceeds, it will take months before those who are younger to get the vaccine.
- People going into hospital because of Coronavirus is increasing – in the UK it is an average of 1500 per day at the time of writing. Please pray that the NHS will not be overwhelmed. Continue to pray for all staff who are working in the hospitals and also those who work in the care homes. The death rate is going up – in the UK at the time of writing there have been 532 deaths because of COVID. Continue to pray that these rates drop dramatically and that those who get coronavirus get a mild strain of it and recover quickly. There are a lot of people suffering from long COVID – do pray for them to recover supernaturally. Pray for those who have lost loved ones at this time because of this horrific virus. Pray that they will find the Lord’s comfort and recognise it is from the Lord. Continue to pray for many to be supernatural healed by the power and love of God.
- A lockdown can produce huge anxiety and mental health issues. Pray for people to receive the gift of peace that Jesus so freely offers. Let’s pray and look out for each other. Pray that many will discover the Prince of Peace at this time. Pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray particularly for those who live by themselves. It can be easy to lose hope. Pray for those in Care Homes who are suffering because of lack of contact with their families.
- The Bible tells us that we should always pray for our leaders – so let’s continue to pray for Boris Johnson and all the MP’s who make up the government. They have a tough job, so let’s continue to pray for wisdom, strength and compassion. Pray for unity too. Let’s not criticise what we do not fully understand. We may all have a different opinion, but let’s remember that our world has never faced these issues before. Let’s pray for world leaders too. There is so much conflict in different parts of the world – so let’s pray for peace and unity. Pray that leaders all across the world will not lose hope, but that they will turn to God and receive wisdom to see a clear way ahead into the future. Pray for God’s will to happen on earth as in Heaven. Pray too for businesses – so many are losing their jobs here in the UK. Pray for a solution to this and pray for generosity to be shown.
- Praise God that our University students are to be given the opportunity to come home in early December after having a test. The virus is still rising in young people – so let’s continue to pray for schools and every place where young people are taught. Pray for their mental and emotional health. Pray that they will have hope, but also that they will comply with the rules from the government. The virus is also rising in older people – aged 70 and above in particular so let’s pray a protection on them but also that peace will reign in their hearts during this time.
- Do continue to pray for the testing system in Liverpool and also for the Track and Trace system – pray that the government and scientists will be able to find a successful system which will help to bring down the figures. Do pray that we will be able to be together with our families for Christmas this year in a safe and good way.
- Let’s keep pressing forward in faith for a solution to this virus for our world. Pray in this time of uncertainty and fear that the world will turn to the Lord for the answers. Remember this is a time when more people than ever are open to receiving prayer. Take every opportunity to share the good news with those around you. Pray for revival – pray for a move of God – pray for His Kingdom to come and His will to be done on earth as well as in Heaven. Pray that we will do what Ezekiel did and tune in to the living God and I know that as we do – we will encounter the God of all hope. Let’s keep our faith and our hope secure in Jesus and have an answer to everyone who asks you why you can be so peaceful and so happy during this time.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
I heard this week of a prayer initiative by the Evangelical Alliance led by Gavin Calver. Gavin has called a UK day of prayer on Friday 13th November. I welcome every prayer initiative for our nation and so I contacted him to let him know what we have been doing for the last 8 months and asked him if we could advertise what each other was doing. He totally agreed and so I would encourage you to listen to the following message from Gavin: https://www.facebook.com/GavCalver/videos/3691816244191523 and get involved. Funnily enough I sent out a video last week about what we are doing every week too – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJ2loR64OA . Let’s spread these videos far and wide so that many will join us not just on Friday 13th but every week as we pray for our nation and pray for our world.
Also, a good friend of mine, Sarah Belcher, shared an initiative that her church has organised since 1st November 2020. Every evening at 19.30pm, they are encouraging people to put a candle or a light in their window and to spend some time praying for our nation. For details watch this: https://www.facebook.com/100010663634616/posts/1242906802741429/?d=n All these prayer initiatives are wonderful – let’s encourage as many people to pray as possible!
Be encouraged everyone! As I said last week, God is using our prayers – simple as they may be to usher in a deep awareness of our mighty God. Let’s spread his light and let’s encourage as many people as possible to pray! Sending much love to you all……. NANCY GOUDIE
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time, do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end