Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
With all that is going on in our world, the one thing we need to do is to keep close to the God of all hope. Don’t lose your hope – look at the world through the God of hope! Jesus told us to look at the world with our eyes open – not with our natural eyes, but with our spiritual eyes (John 4:35). Keep your spiritual eyes open. Look to the God of hope who fills us with all joy and peace right in the middle of our storm, right in the middle of our battle, right in the middle of our mess. Never let go of the God of hope. As it says in Romans 15:13 – May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. He is our only way through. It’s because of who He is, that we can sing in the middle of our storm!
I was listening to a song this morning and felt that I should share it with you. It’s a song called Raise a Hallelujah – I feel in the midst of this horrible virus and also with the protests – peaceful or otherwise – the violence and the deaths we have seen, we should do what the song says and Raise a Hallelujah in the middle of the storm. As I mentioned last week, it’s when the singers were sent out at the head of the army to sing their Hallelujahs that God did a miracle. So, today in the middle of our storm, let’s raise our voices in praise and see this battle won. Let’s keep remembering that God is for us and with us and that as we raise our voices and praise him despite the storms we are in, God will win this battle for us. We have seen so many wonderful things happen as we have prayed, so let’s not give up now, let’s continue to praise our amazing God right in the middle of the battle. Here are the lyrics, but when you hear the story behind this song, I’m sure it will encourage you to hang on to the God of hope and see the enemy defeated. Check out the story and the song on this link: https://youtu.be/awkO61T6i0k
I raise a hallelujah, in the presence of my enemies
I raise a hallelujah, louder than the unbelief
I raise a hallelujah, my weapon is a melody
I raise a hallelujah, Heaven comes to fight for me
I’m gonna sing, in the middle of the storm
Louder and louder, you’re gonna hear my praises roar
Up from the ashes, hope will arise
Death is defeated, the King is alive
I raise a hallelujah, with everything inside of me
I raise a hallelujah, I will watch the darkness flee
I raise a hallelujah, in the middle of the mystery
I raise a hallelujah, fear you lost your hold on me
Sing a little louder
In the presence of my enemies
Sing a little louder
Louder than the unbelief
Sing a little louder
My weapon is a melody
Sing a little louder
Heaven comes to fight for me
I raise a hallelujah
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 12th JUNE:-
- Let’s raise a hallelujah that the death rate is continuing to fall. On Monday we were told that the virus is on the decline in the UK – let’s pray for this to continue to happen. On Tuesday we were told that the deaths in the UK are now down to the lowest level since the beginning of the crisis. All this is good news. Let’s continue to pray that we will get to the place soon when there are no more precious lives taken because of this virus. Let’s continue to praise God that the R Rate is still below 1 in all areas of the UK and pray that it remains that way despite the lockdown being released. Let’s pray that people will continue to social distance and adhere to the government guidelines. Pray too that those infected by the virus will fall also.
- Let’s continue to pray for unity for our government – as well as integrity and wisdom. Whatever your political views, remember that the Bible tells us to pray for those in authority over us. They desperately need our prayers whether they recognise it or not. Pray that they do recognise the need for people to pray and for God to reveal wisdom to them. Pray for all MP’s in every party. Pray that Christian MP’s would rise up and bring God’s wisdom at this time. Let your heart continue to cry God soaked prayers for the government and for the opposition parties too. Pray for unity in fighting this virus together.
- Let’s raise a hallelujah and praise God for the NHS and for all those who work in it. Pray for doctors, nurses, carers, cleaners, reception staff etc. Each one has put their life on the line throughout this crisis. Pray for good health and strength for them all whether they work in hospitals or in care homes. Continue to pray for the families of those who have died and for the families who have not been able to see their loved one because of the risk of them passing on the virus. Pray that they will soon be able to go home safely. Pray against the massive strain it has been on their emotional and mental health. Pray for many to come to know God and turn to him for their help and strength at this time.
- Let’s raise a hallelujah and praise God that we have been able to open up most businesses, shops and some schools. Let’s pray that as this happens that the infection rate would not rise and would stay below 1. Pray for safety for all the school children and that they would enjoy going back to school at this time. Pray against fear in any of the pupils, parents or teachers. Pray against anxiety at this time. Pray that everyone will take the right precautions in opening up shops, businesses and schools. Pray for the children still at home that God would protect their mental health and wellbeing as they have longer without being with friends and in their normal school environment.
- Pray for those who are lonely. We have been hearing of people dying in their homes during this crisis and no one knowing that this has happened. Pray that neighbours and relatives and friends would check up on people who live alone. As someone who lives alone, I so value my friends and family at this time. Pray that people will have eyes to see the loneliness in others. Pray that each lonely person would be so aware of the presence of God with them. Pray that no one else would have to die alone. I am thrilled to see that the Government has now arranged bubbles so that a household of one can meet with their family from this Saturday. Let’s thank God for this as this will help some who are lonely at this time.
- Pray against all the unrest we are seeing in our world at this time. Pray against racism, injustice, pain and the many hurts and fears that have been highlighted at this time. Pray for peace. Pray for joy. Pray for good to come from this time. Continue to pray and repent on behalf of the white community who have so often misrepresented God’s love to our world. Pray for healing for all. Pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray for those whose battles are behind closed doors – many are being abused and damaged by others during this time. Pray that what is happening will be exposed and help will be given. Pray for healing of all these hurts and pains.
- Let’s raise a hallelujah and praise our God that in the middle of this crisis that God is moving and working and that he wants us to get involved. Let’s pray like never before for revival. Let’s get soaked in his presence and let the pure gold of who he is to soak into us. Let’s pursue God like never before and yearn to know him more. Let’s open our spiritual eyes and see the many wonderful and incredible things that God is doing at this time. Let’s pray for his will to be done on this earth as it is in Heaven. Let’s remind ourselves that we already have the victory and that our God is big and strong. Encourage each other and build each other up as it tells us to do in 1 Thessalonians 5:11. Pray for our nation and for the nations of the world – pray and do not give up – pray for healing, for peace, for joy and most of all for revival. This is an important time – let’s not miss what God is doing. If all we have after this crisis is over is a list of what films we have seen on TV or Netflix, then we will have missed what God is doing at this time. Let’s not miss it – let’s raise our hallelujah!
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer. It’s been our privilege to pray for many who have used this prayer line since its inception – so do share this email address with others who are in need of prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of those who have contacted us have told us how much they have struggled through this crisis. You may feel the same. I want to tell you that God is with you and for you. Let me repeat that – he is for you! He surrounds you and is in you. He never leaves you. Remember you are never alone. He is right there. In the middle of our pain, let’s reach out and try and help others who are struggling too. That’s why I am birthing a new online Spiritual Health Breakthrough session so that we are aware of who we are and how amazing God has made us all to be. He loves us – so if you are feeling low and in need of encouragement, then please do join us on 30th June at 7.30pm. To find out more visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/x/nancy-goudies-spiritual-health-breakthroughs-online-june-30th-tickets-105943818814 We’d love you to join us so that we can all see a God breakthrough in each of us. In the meantime, let’s soak ourselves in God’s waterfall of grace and mercy and know the pure gold of his presence as it cascades in us and through us. God is incredible and you are amazing. Don’t give up – instead get soaked in the God of all hope!!
With love to you all – NANCY GOUDIE