A few verses of scripture to encourage you. Remember as you read this that this is the truth and that the truth will set you free.
Isaiah 35:3 – 7a, 8a & 10
Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance with divine retribution he will come to save you.”
Then the eyes of the blind will be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer and the mute tongue shout for joy. Water will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert. The burning sand will become a pool, the thirsty ground bubbling springs.
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness……..
Only the redeemed will walk there and the ransomed of the Lord will return. They will enter Zion with singing and everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away!
Encourage yourself, your family and your friends with these words. God is with you to bless and encourage you! Here are the prayer points with added information for this week – a full prayer points will come next week – with love – NANCY GOUDIE
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 11th September:
- Praise God that the death rate is still falling and is really low. Pray for the infection rate in the country to come down. It is growing fast and the government are worried – thus the new guidelines. Pray for the rate of infection to begin to come down quickly. Pray for people to be sensible in following the new guidelines and that as they do see we would see the infection rate drop right down.
- Praise God that the majority of children were able to get back to school last week in England. Pray for the safety and protection and peace for them all as they return. Pray too for protection for all the teachers and staff in schools. Do pray for those children who due to complex health needs, are not able to return to school. Pray for peace for them and that they would find creative ways to still be able to connect with others. Pray a protection on their mental health as well.
- Pray for the areas that are still in local lockdown such as Glasgow and some of Greater Manchester and other places. Pray for wisdom for people in these areas to abide by the rules – there has been a lot of mass gatherings so pray people see sense and this comes to an end. Pray the infection rates in these areas to decrease and that these lockdowns would not need to last long.
- We continue to do as the Bible asks and pray for our leaders. Pray for Boris Johnson and all those in our government whether you think they are doing a good job or bad. Let’s make sure we are praying for them. Pray for unity, for wisdom, for compassion and for integrity. Pray for our leaders to be surrounded by wise and Godly people who can help them in the decisions they need to make. Pray too for leaders around the world that they will have wisdom in their decisions and integrity. Pray for unity between countries to fight the virus and that we will help one another.
- Thank God for our incredible NHS. We are so fortunate in this country to have free healthcare for all. Pray for everyone who works for the NHS from cleaners to surgeons, that God would strengthen and encourage them. Pray for God’s protection on them too. Pray too for wisdom for doctors and consultants as they treat patients that they would find the right medicines and new and innovative ways to fight this disease. Pray too for a safe vaccine to be found.
- The eat out scheme was a great help to the economy in August but we are still reading stories now of massive job cuts and also companies not wanting to renew office leases etc. which is all having a big effect on our economy. Pray for God to bring stability in the economy, for wisdom for government and business leaders and that what would come out of this, would be an even stronger economic position than we were in before the virus. Pray too for those thousands that are unemployed. Pray for God’s provision for them in jobs and in finance as well. Pray that God would protect their mental health. The furlough scheme ends soon and so pray for that and for the many who will be affected by this.
- Pray for yourself and for your family. Pray that every day we will remind ourselves of the truth of who our God is. Let’s increase our trust in him. He is faithful and he will help us in every way. Pray for increased compassion for those around you, and increased passion for Jesus. Pray for God to use you in your area during this time. Most importantly pray for revival to break out – revival within ourselves and our churches, as it always starts with us, that then spills out into the rest of the world. Remember our God surrounds each of us and he will cause water to gush forth in the wilderness…our God can do the impossible!
Remember every prayer makes a huge difference and never forget – God is with you!
See you next week – Nancy x