For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time – do read the information at the bottom of this report which includes how this started and tips and pointers to help you during this COVID time.
I was reminded this week how hope is so important in each of our lives. If we lose our hope, we will die. Hope is the most important ingredient for life. I recently watched a video that I had seen before, but as I watched it again, it reduced me to tears as I recognised again how amazing our God is. It shows how a cleaner in a hospital brought hope to a dying man. It also shows how God hears the deepest cries from our hearts and answers those cries.
The man in the video was in ICU and was dying from COVID-19. When his hope was almost gone, he cried out to God to do something and God sent a missionary in the form of a cleaner to pray for him. This cleaner through his prayer released hope into this man and soon he began to turn a corner health wise. A little later while still in ICU his appetite began to come back. He greatly desired to have a can of coke and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps! He asked the Lord if there was any way he could provide these for him. Later in the day, the same cleaner brought a bag of goodies for this man and inside this bag were some oranges, a can of coke and a packet of prawn cocktail crisps! God had heard the cry of his heart. Nothing is too small or too difficult for our God. He hears, he listens and he acts! Do keep remembering this as we pray today. Let’s keep hope alive in our world. So many people are dying from lack of hope as fear puts its talons around our necks. Let’s spread hope today and every day. Let’s keep praying because each prayer no matter how small or how impossible is heard by the God who acts on our behalf. Woohoo!
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 11th December 2020
- The R rate continues to fall – it is now between 0.7 – 1.00. Keep praying for the infection rate to come down. The number of those being admitted to hospital is continuing to fall also – let’s praise God for this. However, the deaths are still much too high – so do keep praying. We want the death rate to fall in every area of the UK. Keep praying for this to happen.
- Let’s pray for our leaders – for our Royal Family, for our Prime Minister and for our government. Pray for wisdom for them all to make right choices. Wisdom is so important for those in power so pray that anyone who has influence will have a great measure of wisdom. Keep praying for truth and integrity too for all world leaders in these times. Pray too that they will get the lockdown rules right especially when they come to consider whether to move some areas down a level.
- The biggest news this week is the vaccine that has now been released and is being administered to those who are over 80, to NHS and care home staff. Two people have since had an allergic reaction to the vaccine. The situation was described: They are understood to have had an anaphylactoid reaction, which tends to involve a skin rash, breathlessness and sometimes a drop in blood pressure. This is not the same as anaphylaxis which can be fatal. Both NHS workers have a history of serious allergies and carry adrenaline pens around with them. Pray that no one will be put at risk by taking this vaccine. Pray too about the many fears there are about taking this vaccine – it seems like around 50% of the country are not sure if they are going to have it. Do pray for clarity about the way ahead for each individual.
- Continue to pray for the NHS and for everyone who works there from the cleaners to the surgeons. Pray for good health and strength for them. Pray for all that they will continue to have wisdom and a caring heart. Pray that they don’t get overwhelmed by the job they do. Pray for those who work in care homes too.
- Pray for hope for people with little hope. Without hope the people perish – so pray that hope remains and that each person who struggles with their mental or emotional health will find hope in life. Pray that many come to know the Lord Jesus and discover that he gives hope to all who trust in him. Pray for those who think about ending their life at times. Pray that they will find the help they need. Pray for those who are younger – children and those in their teens and twenties – many are struggling right now with everything that is happening around them. Continue to pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Pray for many who are lonely at this time. Let’s ask God to open our eyes to see beyond the natural.
- Let’s pray for those who are struggling financially. Crime is on the increase as people are losing their jobs. Pray for provision for all and for all of us to look out for others who are struggling. Pray for the hospitality industry – many of whom are not allowed to open at this time. Do pray for innovate ideas that helps them through this tough time.
- Let’s continue to pray for a move of God like never before. Many are saying that there is going to be a great awakening in the world as God moves in power. Let’s pray for this. Let’s pray for revival. I was recording a new podcast this week and was talking about what I had personally seen God do in the last 40 years – glimpses and scenes of revival we had only read about in books – as well as recalling some of the revivals of the past. Retelling these stories encourages me to push into God more so that we can see the greatest move of God that the world has ever seen. There are many dying who don’t know Jesus. Let’s continue to pray for salvation for many. Pray that our nation would turn to God and for spiritual eyes to be open. Let’s win our family, friends, neighbours etc., by the love we show them. Huge ground can be taken when we reveal God’s love and kindness to all around.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
When hope disappears, we lose the ability to live. I have just released a series of ten 5minute videos on hope to encourage people to hold on to the life-giving hope our God gives us. These videos explain the difference between a hope against hope and a sure and certain hope. This sure and certain hope is the kind of hope that the Lord gives to each of us. If you are struggling in life, then hold on to the God of hope and he will fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him. When you do that as it says in Romans 15:13 you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Woohoo! Sending much love to you all…
For those who are reading these prayer points for the first time, do read below:
Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Thank you for joining us. To read previous prayer points and encouragements – go to www.nancygoudie.com/blog/
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end