Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
I am writing this when the news is filled with protests, violence and riots not just in the USA, but also in our own nation and nations across the world. Racism should never be accepted, in any shape or form. However, what many of us have not understood is how deep the pain and hurt is that many people carry every day in their own hearts. I look at the faces of people on the TV, as they pour out their hurt, anger and confusion in their tears and in their words. My own heart cries against the injustice we are seeing every day. Let’s pray for our world, but also let’s remember that the enemy is behind all of this. He wants to divide so let’s pray as Jesus prayed in John 17 for immense unity in our world. Our world is in pain, many are hurting, crying, in fear, lonely and hitting out at whoever is in their way. Instead of criticizing what we see, let’s pray for peace, but not just a shallow peace, instead let’s pray for a deep peace – the kind that passes all understanding. Remember the enemy comes to kill and destroy, but our God comes to bring a completely different Spirit. One of love, peace, yet filled with immense power. Power to change things from within so that there is a completely different heart and mindset – lets pray for those things for our world.
As I said last week, let’s soak ourselves in the Lord and take up the task of praying, knowing that when the enemy spits venom, the Lord opens his mouth as the Lion of Judah and all he needs to do is to roar. Let’s hear the roar of the Lion of Judah in our mind and heart as we pray strong prayers – remembering that the weakest saint on his knees shakes the enemy with fear.
Let’s not forget that our battle/struggle is not against flesh and blood but against rulers, authorities, powers and against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Let’s remember as it says in 2 Cor 10: that we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world, on the contrary they have divine power to demolish strongholds. Let’s fight this battle with the Lord on our knees…let’s pray like never before.
Let’s do what King Jehoshaphat did when facing a strong, vast and violent army, he sent out the singers first to praise God and as they sang their songs of praise, God won the battle. God told them that the battle was not theirs but was his (2 Chronicles 20:15). So, let’s sing Heal Our Nation – https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation over our nation and over our world and remember that God is fighting this battle for us and that victory is ours. Praise God.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 5th JUNE:-
- Let’s praise God that the death rate continues to fall. In the region I live in yesterday there was only one death because of Coronavirus. Let’s pray we get to the place where there are no more precious lives taken because of this terrible virus. Let’s continue to praise God that the R Rate is still below 1 and pray that it remains that way even though many of the businesses, shops, schools etc., are all opening up. For many of us it might seem that everything is opening up a little too quickly, so let’s pray that the virus does not take hold again. Let’s pray that people will continue to social distance and adhere to the government guidelines. Let’s pray as the rules are relaxed, that all will be well and that we will see no more people infected and no more heartache.
- Let’s continue to pray for the government – pray for integrity and wisdom. The Bible tells us to pray for those in authority over us and how we need to pray for Boris Johnson and his cabinet and all the MP’s in our government right now. Pray for unity. Pray for health and strength for them all. As I said last week, continue to pray for them as though they were your own family. They need our prayers, whether they recognise it or not. Pray that those who are Christians would stand up at this time and speak out words of wisdom. You can see on the faces of the government the huge strain that they are under, so leave aside your politics and pray sincerely for them. Extend compassion, kindness and grace even if you don’t agree with every decision they make. Let your heart cry God soaked prayers for the government and for the opposition parties too. Pray for unity in fighting this virus together.
- Let’s praise God for the NHS and for all those who work in it. Pray for doctors, nurses, carers, cleaners, reception staff etc. Pray for health and strength for all who work in hospitals or care homes. They have had to bear the brunt of all that has happened and they all deserve a medal. Many have paid with their lives because of this virus. Let’s pray for their families some of whom have had to deal with their deaths. Pray for families who have had to deal with not seeing their loved one who works at the NHS or in a care home because they cannot risk giving the virus to them. Pray for good health and strength for all involved. Pray against the massive strain it has been on their emotional and mental health. May they all come to know God and turn to him for their help and strength at this time. Pray for supernatural visits from God in their dreams.
- Let’s praise God for all the keyworkers in supermarkets, in shops, those who work in the police force, those who collect our rubbish etc. Pray for God’s strength for them and pray they will feel valued for what they are doing. Let’s also pray for teachers – schools are opening this week and there are a lot of questions about this from everyone. How is it going to work, will it be safe etc. Pray for safety for the children and that neither the teachers or the children will pass on the virus to each other or to others at home. Pray that the anxiety over the schools returning will turn people to pray for God’s help.
- Pray for those who are in the black or Asian communities who seem to be higher at risk from the virus. The scientists don’t really know why this is the case but pray for them, pray for their mental, emotional, physical and spiritual needs. Pray for them during this time and pray protection on them all. Pray for the hurts and the pain that will have been highlighted because of all that has happened recently in America. Pray for justice to prevail and for an end to racism at any level in every country. Pray that the protests in the USA and in other countries will be peaceful and not continue to turn into riots and anger. Spend quality time praying and repenting on behalf of the white community who have so often misrepresented God’s love to our world.
- Let’s continue to pray for those who have been abused and damaged by the lockdown we have had. Many are crying behind closed doors. Pray for them that they will know that their tears are seen by Heaven but also understood by those who can help. Pray for hope for the hopeless and pray for those struggling with mental health. Pray too for many who have not been able to see their plans and dreams for 2020 come into being. For those who had planned to get married this year and now cannot have the wedding of their dreams. Pray for any unfulfilled expectations that this year may have brought – sometimes this can leave you feeling hopeless, hurt and confused. Pray that many will discover that God cares about these things and that out of something so bad, he will bring something so good. Pray for hope in the midst of hopelessness. Many have been using our email prayer link – it’s been our privilege here at ngm to pray – so do remember to share the prayer link with those who need prayer – email@example.com
- Pray for our nation and for the nations of the world – there have been so many thousands of deaths across the world – almost 40,000 in the UK – many are in mourning. Pray that as they mourn, they will be comforted and they will know that God stands with them in their mourning. Pray for peace – the peace that passes all understanding to fall upon them. Pray for revival – pray that God will continue to move in supernatural power as we pray. Dare to believe that your prayers are making a massive difference – because the truth is – they are! Remember the devil shakes with fear when he sees the weakest saint on their knees. He hates prayer because he knows how much can be accomplished through it – so he will tell you that your prayers will not accomplish much, but they do. Let’s not listen to the enemy – and dare to press forward in prayer – let’s dare to pray revival prayers for our nation and for our world.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
It’s been our privilege to pray for many who have used this prayer line – so do share it to those who need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
We have such an important job right now to be of a different Spirit – to be so soaked in the presence of God that people cannot fail to see his love, his grace, his compassion, his kindness and his peace. Soak yourselves in the word of God, fill your mind with his words and not with the words from the TV. Let’s pursue our God in the waterfall of his Spirit and see the pure gold of his presence fall on us all. Oh, there is no better place to be. For those who may be interested in going deeper with us here at ngm – we have a breakthrough session happening on 30th June online. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/x/nancy-goudies-spiritual-health-breakthroughs-online-june-30th-tickets-105943818814 We’d love you to join us so that we can all see a God breakthrough in each of us.
I cannot express just how incredible our God is – I am so grateful to him that we are never on our own – we are surrounded by him all the time. Keep praying, keep seeking him, keep being engulfed in him – there is no better place to be. Remember the Lord is awesome and you are incredible – NANCY GOUDIE