Setting the scene
On 20th March I called for a National Day of Prayer, not only for the UK, but also for others who live further afield. A few days after it was over two friends contacted me and asked if I would do a National Prayer Day every Friday, and asked if I would continue to give some pointers each week for prayer. After prayer, I took up the challenge of doing just that. Please listen to my original video calling for prayer if you haven’t heard it already – it sets the scene for what we would want to do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
This week I watched the UK Parliamentary Prayer Breakfast online. This is something I have attended in the past at the House of Commons in Westminster but this one we all watched online due to Covid 19. What a thrill it was to see our Prime Minister and the Leader of the opposition talk about the importance of prayer. It was wonderful to hear prayers and the reading of the Bible from various MPs and a talk from the Leader of the House. It was wonderful to hear an address by a Bishop who talked about the importance of the local church – he mentioned that there are more churches in the UK than there are pubs. He talked about how Jesus came as a servant and how the churches are serving in the many communities all over the UK. This half hour programme is well worth watching again – visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZGdTxD9Ko to watch on youtube. The thing I was most encouraged by was the way that the name of Jesus was spoken about and uplifted so many times. God is doing something in our nation at this time – and it’s so exciting.
I cannot get the longing for revival out of my heart – not that I want to do that – in fact the very opposite, I want the longing to continue to grow and develop until I see it happen in front of me. Back in 1985, I saw a vision of a Tidal Wave of God’s Spirit hitting the shores of this land. I was in the band my husband and I founded back in 1980 called Heartbeat and out of that vision we wrote a song called Heal Our Nation. I have just this last week heard of three prophetic pictures that people have had recently of a Tsunami wave of God’s Spirit crashing onto the shores of our land. My heart cries out as it did in 1985, Lord come and do it. Let’s see a new move of your Spirit touch our land in a way that sees the church revived and the nation awakened. We want to see a great Awakening – a move of God’s Spirit in our land. Nothing else will satisfy. In the middle of this Coronavirus, we have an opportunity to pray and ask God to move in supernatural and incredible ways. To break into people’s lives with the truth of who Jesus is and how he can affect their lives. Will you join me?
I told you last week that I have been reading about the last great awakening in the UK – The Hebridean revival in 1949-1952. A move of God Spirit swept through those islands and it resulted in many coming to know Jesus – in many towns, there was not one home which was not affected by the revival. This happened here in the UK, not in some far off land, but right here in our own country. I mentioned last week, that my husband and I saw the same signs of revival in our own ministry. We saw people repenting not because someone preached a fantastic gospel message, but because God walked into the building and people suddenly saw the hardness of their own hearts. These were full time Christian workers who loved God, yet under his spotlight they saw that they were not living the way the Lord wanted us to live. It all started when my husband and myself fell in love with the Lord to a much deeper level. We just could not get enough of him. Still to this day, I still cannot get enough of my Lord. I love his word. I live in his presence, I dwell in the depths of his love, I experience him every day and I continue to be overwhelmed by him. I want others to experience my Lord. Don’t you? If that’s your heart then please join me in praying for revival to sweep across our land and for God’s name to be lifted high.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 3rd July:-
- It’s been good to see the number of deaths continue to go down – in fact the statistics tell us that we are now seeing less deaths than normal for this time of year. Let’s continue to pray that the death rate remains low, despite the problems we seem to be encountering in Leicester and possibly in Doncaster, Rochdale, Barnsley and Bradford. Pray that the rate of infection comes down in all these cities and that people continue to follow the advice of the government wherever they live in the UK. Despite these hotspots it seems like the rate of infection is continuing to come down which is great. Do keep praying – we are not out of the woods yet, but we are going in the right direction.
- As I said earlier, it was great to see both the Prime Minister and also the leader of the Opposition Party and the Leader of the House speaking on the National Prayer Breakfast about the importance of prayer. It was good to hear Boris Johnson thanking the church for praying for him personally through his problem with Coronavirus. As he said, “It seems to have worked!” Let’s continue to pray for our government and for all the MP’s no matter what party they are from. Pray for all the Christians working in Parliament whether as MP’s or elsewhere. Pray for God’s wisdom to know how to control this virus and to see the economy get started safely again. Continue to pray for the media in the USA and in various other places in our world that they would have integrity and report news accurately. Pray that the Prime Minister and his government and the leaders of every party will recognise their need of God’s help in tackling the many difficult issues they are facing today. Indeed, pray for national leaders all over the world. Let your heart continue to cry God soaked prayers for our land.
- Let’s continue to praise God for the NHS and for all who work in the caring professions all over the world. Pray for each individual – pray for their physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health at this time. Pray for healing of memories for some of the things they have seen in the selfless work they have done. Pray for the families of those who have seen their loved ones die because they have been serving others. Continue to pray that their grief doesn’t turn into bitterness. Pray for many to come to know God and turn to him for their help and strength at this time.
- Let’s pray for businesses, restaurants and pubs that are now allowed to open. Pray that they will find safe ways of operating and that they would find their businesses increasing in custom at this time. Pray for those working in places that are as yet not allowed to open – like gyms and spas and nail salons. Continue to pray for those who have lost their jobs as I am sure you will have seen on the news there was over 11,000 redundancies yesterday on top of the many thousands there has been already. It’s not easy to get a new job during this lockdown period. Do pray that their lack of finance and their insecurities lead them to the God of all comfort and provision. Continue to pray for the travel, events, theatre and entertainment industries. These industries have been hit so hard and many are suffering because of it. Pray for a way through this. Pray for all pupils as they have their last days at school before the summer holidays. Again, many children are struggling at home and need our prayers. Do pray that parents and their children will find good and easy ways of learning at home.
- In this last week I have encountered many who are struggling with their mental and emotional health. So many need our prayers. Let’s not forget to pray for their mental health. Pray the wonderful peace of Jesus on them. His peace is the peace that passes all understanding. Pray for his presence to come on them particular at night when they sleep. Pray for good and positive dreams and ones that lead to God rather than away from him. Fear and worry if not checked can eventually lead to ill health and some have even died because of the fear and concerns they have. Let’s pray against this and pray that they find the Prince of Peace. Pray that in this time God will invade their dreams and set people free.
- Let’s continue to pray that this virus is defeated. The government and the scientists are expecting a second wave of this virus in the winter and so it is important that we are praying into this. We must keep in our minds that although the death rates are coming down, this virus has not disappeared. It is still very much here and it can be deadly. Let’s remain positive and know that our God can kill this virus in a second. He did it in Egypt thousands of years ago and he is the same today as he was yesterday. He is not limited in his power. So, let’s pray and ask God that when it is the right time, that this virus would be eradicated and, in the meantime, that God would keep us safe and well.
- More than ever we need to pray for revival. We want to see that Tidal Wave of God’s Spirit to flow across our land and for many to be swept into this Kingdom. Keep yourself in that waterfall of his Spirit and remain in his presence. Receive his joy, his peace and his life into every breath that you breathe. Increase your knowledge of God by reading and studying the Bible. Read the life giving words from the Bible and hear Jesus speak life into your heart. Pray for yourself, pray for your family, pray for your friends and your leaders. Pray and remember as we pray, he hears every word and he will respond to you. Remember we have an opportunity now that we may not have again to share the goodness and love of God. So, don’t delay, but cry with everything within you for God to move in power in the UK and in our world.
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray throughout the day. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Maybe pray for one of the above pointers every hour – or take one for each day of the week.
- Every time you wash your hands, which should be often – then pray a ‘Heal Our Nation’ prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of ‘Heal our Nation’ and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. ‘Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land.’ Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse ‘Lord we long for you to move in power’ – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Keep reading Psalm 91, Psalm 121 and Psalm 46 to encourage yourself and your family with the truth of the word of God. Perhaps try meditating on Psalm 62:5-6 – Find rest, O my Soul in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress; I will not be shaken.
- Use the UK Blessing – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUtll3mNj5U Play it in your home – make this as a wonderful blessing on you and your family, your children and their children. When you go a walk pray it over your neighbourhood. The song was written in Elevation church, USA. You can watch here and discover how the song came together in the presence of the Lord – no wonder this song is being used at this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp6aygmvzM4&feature=emb_rel_end
What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent weeks. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – email@example.com
We, from ngm, held our very first Nancy Goudie’s Spiritual Health Breakthrough session on Tuesday night and it was so good to see so many come online and listen to the message that we are remarkable. Each one of us is special, unique, incredible and remarkable. We may not think that of ourselves, but it is the way God sees us. Remember you are someone who is loved, who is called and chosen and who is blessed beyond all comprehension. You are loved with an everlasting love. You are never forgotten. It was so good to remind those who came on to the breakthrough session that this is the truth of the word of God. If you want to join us next time, then write to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for information to be sent to you when it is available. We all need to be reminded of how God sees us. Until next week, do keep remembering God is for you and with you. Every prayer is precious and God hears every one. He listens to our every whisper. You are never forgotten not even for a second. So, with these thoughts in mind, let’s pray with confidence that our God not only hears us, but that he loves us and our prayers can move mountains. With love to you all – NANCY GOUDIE