Prayer suggestions for Friday 20th March 2020. If you don’t know how this call to prayer came about – then listen to a video I have done – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_w9dLCcSOY
- Set your phone, your watch, your alarm clock or whatever to remind you to pray. I would suggest praying every hour for a few minutes or for as long as you wish, but make a time that is suitable for yourself.
- Every time you wash your hands which should be often – then pray a Heal Our Nation prayer – sing or speak the lyrics of Heal our Nation and ask God to pour out his Spirit on this land. Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, Heal our Nation, pour out your Spirit on this land. Sing or speak that twice. And finish with the first line from the verse Lord we long for you to move in power – and ask God to move in the UK but also move in our world. https://soundcloud.com/nancygoudie/heal-our-nation
- Read Psalm 91 at various points through the day. Read it in The Passion translation, the NIV or any other version you like, but imagine yourself speaking this over your family, friends, neighbours and of course yourself.
Prayer pointers for Friday 20th March 2020 as we come humbly before God asking for grace and mercy, knowing that he is a good God who is full of grace and love. We know we don’t deserve his grace, but he freely gives to all who ask. In fact, he encourages us in prayer to ask, seek and knock (Luke 11:9-13). He also encourages us not to give up – so if at first, we don’t see an answer, let’s continue to pray and ask, seek and knock on Heaven’s door and believe that God will give us what we ask for (Luke 11:5-8). In my own experience, it is often as I have looked back that I can see that from the first moment I prayed, God was working behind the scenes but I just couldn’t see it. So, don’t get despondent, but continue to pray. Also remember that God loves to turn difficult and horrible circumstances around for good (Romans 8:28) and therefore see this time as a time where we can show what our God is like and how he gives us peace and even joy in the middle of grief. May this be a time when many turn to God and discover a God of salvation and healing. Let’s believe for revival in our land.
- Pray for a miracle. When King George VI asked our nation to pray in Word War 2 – miracles happened – we can see this happen again today. We need a miracle from Heaven. It says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that if my people who are called by my name humble and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. We need to cry out to God for our nation and for the nations of the world. We need God to heal our land.
- Pray for wisdom for ourselves, our family, friends, neighbours and also for the leaders of our country. Pray that our Government officials will have wisdom from Heaven. Pray that they will recognise the need for a supernatural wisdom and also help beyond what even the greatest experts can give us.
- Pray for medical experts across the world to find a medical remedy to this virus.
- Pray for healing for those who are already infected. Pray for supernatural visitations in ICU and for many to turn to God in prayer. Pray for the nurses and doctors and experts in the medical field that they would have health and strength and again have wisdom to find a medical solution to this problem.
- Pray against panic and fear – someone said recently that panic and fear kill too, so let’s pray peace – the kind of peace which I have experienced since my husband died in 2016 – the peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:6-7) – Jesus peace (John 14:27) and even joy for everyone.
- Pray for kindness to prevail. Look for people you can help yourself – neighbours who are needing someone to get some shopping for them etc., and also pray for kindness and generosity to be shown more in our nation. A friend of mine recently bought some toilet paper and when she heard that someone had none, she gave them a large pack of toilet rolls that she had been able to purchase. We need to show more kindness in these days rather than just thinking of ourselves. Pray and ask God what you can do to practically help others – perhaps a phone call, a facetime or skype call, a letter, an email with words of encouragement and joy. Laughter is a great fear basher…send something that you know they will laugh at – I have a book on laughter if you want to send a small book to encourage them to laugh in the midst of this crises- https://www.ngm.org.uk/product/the-gift-of-laughter/
- Pray for those who are self-employed or who cannot work at present. Pray for those businesses, events etc., who are not able to have their usual custom. It is a worrying time for everyone. Pray against that stress. Pray for those who could become isolated and lonely, especially the elderly or those who have to self-quarantine. Pray that even in their loneliest or worrying times they will find a provision of Godly peace in their hearts. Pray that many find God through this time.
Together we can pray and seek God and make a difference in our world. Let’s do it with joy, peace and conviction that every prayer however small is heard.
Thank you – NANCY GOUDIE