Friday 25th September 2020
This is the week we have the shortened prayer points – so here are a few verses to encourage and bless you – remember as you read this that God is for you and with you (Psalm 139:1-5). Remember he never leaves you alone for a second – his presence is always there even if you don’t feel him (Deut 31:8). Turn to him in every circumstance for he cares for you (1 Peter 5:7). Read this Psalm and believe the truth that is contained therein:
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
Every word of this psalm is true – take it as your food for this week – eat it, digest it and make it become part of you. Your help comes from the Lord – the creator of Heaven and Earth – Woohoo! Never forget who looks after you and how powerful He is. Turn to him in every circumstance. He is there for you.
PRAYER POINTS FOR FRIDAY 25th September:
- Let’s continue to pray that the rate of infection falls. As you will see from the media, the rate of infection is growing every day. We can pray and see this change, but of course, we all have to do our part in making sure we adhere to the government guidelines. It’s common sense to take precautions against this virus. Let’s continue to praise God that the death rate continues to be low, but let’ not get complacent about this – make sure we are praying that as the days and months go on that we will still get to the place in the UK where there are no deaths from this dreadful virus. Even one death is too many! Let’s pray this for our world as well as the nation of the UK. As well as praying for the UK, let’s pray this for our world too.
- Many places are experiencing local lockdowns – do pray for these towns and cities. Pray that people will be sensible and follow the rules that the government lay out. We all have new guidelines to follow – let’s make sure we do so and encourage others to do so too. Pray for those who will struggle with the new guidelines. Pray for people that in their distress and fear will turn to God. There are still reports of many ignoring the guidelines and laws of our land in respect of COVID-19. Pray for those who now cannot meet their friends or family because of the new social rules.
- We continue to do as the Bible asks and pray for our leaders. Pray for Boris Johnson and all those in our government whether we agree with them or not. Pray for unity, for wisdom, for compassion and for integrity. None of the leaders of the world have been this way before and so need our prayers right now. Let’s not add to the voices of criticism, but instead pray for them for wisdom and for a realisation of who our God is. Pray for our leaders to be surrounded by wise and Godly people who can help them in the decisions they need to make. I know there are a number of Christians in key places in the government and in their key staff – pray for them that they will hear the voice of God and bring wisdom into the situation. Pray for unity between countries to fight the virus and that we will help one another.
- Praise God that the schools have been able to open. Pray for safety for the teachers and for the children. There have been a number of schools who have been seeing pupils off because of COVID or suspected COVID. Pray for peace for the children and the adults. Pray that they would be kept well physically and mentally. Do continue to pray for those children who due to complex health needs are not able to return to school. Pray for peace for them and that they would find creative ways to still be able to connect with others. Pray for some universities who have instructed their students to learn online rather than coming back to campus. Pray that this decision would not affect their education in a bad way.
- We continue to thank God for our incredible NHS. Pray for everyone who works for the NHS and also other health providers across the world from cleaners to surgeons, that God would strengthen and encourage them. Pray for God’s protection on them too. Pray too for wisdom for doctors and consultants as they treat patients that they would find the right medicines and new and innovative ways to fight this disease. Pray too for a safe vaccine to be found. Pray for others too who are suffering from other illnesses that they will be able to receive the treatment that they need. Pray for a supernatural release of God’s healing power across the world. Pray that many will turn to God. Across the world we are seeing people healed from COVID-19 supernaturally by the power of God – let’s pray for more of this.
- Let’s continue to pray for our economy – for businesses to succeed and for those without jobs to be successful in getting a job they enjoy. There are many businesses that are struggling to keep afloat – do pray that they find innovative ideas to prosper their business in these difficult times. Pray that they discover that when they put God first and show kindness to others, God will honour them and bless them. Pray that the new restrictions will not cause businesses to topple and crash, but they will find other ways of making money. Pray for those who are without jobs because of COVID-19 – pray too that they find good reliable jobs – way beyond their wildest dreams and desires. Again, pray that they will turn to God to help them and discover a way of life that is beyond anything they have ever known.
- Let’s continue to pray for revival in our nation. There is no doubt that God is moving and working in this time. Pray that many in our nation and across the world will turn to God – pray that they will find the real, true and living God who loves each of us so much. Pray for revival for ourselves, our nation and our world. Pray for a Tidal Wave of God’s Spirit to soak our land and spread to other nations too. Use the song Heal our Nation as a prayer – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZwje7Ogkg and cry out for God to pour out his Spirit across this land.
Do you need prayer? What a joy it has been to pray for those who have asked for prayer in recent months. We are seeing many answers to our prayers. Remember if you or others need prayer do drop us an email and we will pray. Don’t forget our prayer line if you or others need prayer – firstname.lastname@example.org
Life is short – so no matter what age you are make sure you live your life the way God intended you to live. Jesus came to bring you life to the full. Live your life knowing his peace and his joy. Live life to the full – don’t entertain anything from the enemy. Cast every care on to Jesus – leave every worry and fear at his feet, take up his yoke which is easy and light and rejoice always. This is your inheritance and anything less means you are not living life as he intends you to live. Find freedom in our God now and always and remember everything is possible for him/her who believes. Remember he watches over you always. You are important to him! Keep praying – He is listening and answering your prayers! Sending much love to you all……. NANCY GOUDIE